Hacking Any 3DS users care to comment on the SCtwo?

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS2 firmware 1.09 was released to enable your DS2 to work with 3DSes, however all DS2s come blank, and you have to flash the firmware yourself with a DS/L/i/XL.
not much else to say. it works. DSi mode and 3DS mode obviously don't work. (DSi mode never did anyway.)

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dylan said:
I'm just looking at buying one shortly after I get my 3DS so I was just assuming someone has to have tried it now that it's out everywhere else. How's it going?
haha we're in the same boat cuz the NOA guys are too slack to get us the 3DS at the same time as everyone else.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Yeah I was aware of that much. Just wanted to make sure nobody has experienced any strange complications from using it yet. If it works just the same for normal old DS mode that's awesome. All I want it for.

D

Deleted-236924

Shabutie78 said:
DS2 firmware 1.09 was released to enable your DS2 to work with 3DSes, however all DS2s come blank, and you have to flash the firmware yourself with a DS/L/i/XL.
not much else to say. it works. DSi mode and 3DS mode obviously don't work. (DSi mode never did anyway.)
The GBATemp one came pre-flashed.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terminator02 said:
fishykipper said:
is it perfectly safe?
100%?
i remember hearing rumors that the 3ds logs all of your actions on the 3ds like the ps3 does, but so far nothing has happened to people using flashcarts

That is correct but the log will actually show the name and logo of the flashcard used. For example if u use a SCDS2 it will show "Alex Rider - Storm Breaker" if ur using a EZVi it will show up on the log as "Tak The Great Ju Ju"

So, it means so far the 3DS thinks u are playing a regular game. And flashcard are ok so far
tongue.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Shabutie78 said:

Isn't the DSTwo supposed to be updatable on the DSi/3DS even if it has been blocked by Nintendo? Or does the 3DS (unlike the DSi) actually cut power to the cart after checking if it is a valid DS game?

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
Shabutie78 said:

Wait do you mean it will work straight out of the box with the 3DS or...?

Cause that's the one I was going to buy

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Terminator02 said:
fishykipper said:
is it perfectly safe?
100%?
i remember hearing rumors that the 3ds logs all of your actions on the 3ds like the ps3 does, but so far nothing has happened to people using flashcarts

That is correct but the log will actually show the name and logo of the flashcard used. For example if u use a SCDS2 it will show "Alex Rider - Storm Breaker" if ur using a EZVi it will show up on the log as "Tak The Great Ju Ju"

So, it means so far the 3DS thinks u are playing a regular game. And flashcard are ok so far
tongue.gif

So far that seems to be the case. I'm sure Nintendo will try to find a way to whitelist particular games and their bootup process and patch out the fakes. I'm not risking using a flashcard on it any time soon, because I don't want to risk losing access to their online store or anything.

And besides, I have a DS Lite to cover me. Sure, the 3DS has newer screens than what's offered on the DS (it removes almost all ghosting that existed on both DS and especially PSP) but the games still work.
tongue.gif

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dylan said:
Pingouin7 said:
Shabutie78 said:

Wait do you mean it will work straight out of the box with the 3DS or...?

Cause that's the one I was going to buy

I guess it doesn't come preflashed to the 3DS. I ordered mine from lightake (normal DSTwo) and it was preflashed (1.07 or 1.08, Can't remember). In other words, it worked with a 1.4.1E DSi XL from the box..

-Qtis

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's a bit blurry because of the shaders. I recommend you update your 3DS before using, cause when I used the DSTWO without updating, there were some minor graphical glitches at the bottom of the screen. After I updated and got the OK Go video, it was fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1