Anxiety is killing me

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
After a gap year i've got my chance to get onto college but now anxiety is killing me.
I don't like the feeling of not knowing stuff so whenever that happens i get anxious. From the anxiety i can't eat, sleep or study, so basically i get in some kind of vegetation mode. I tried to calm myself but its not working. Only studying in groups helps to calm me down but most of the day i'm all anxiety, especially during night. Anyone in a situation like me? Any tips on how to calm myself down?

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a gap year i've got my chance to get onto college but now anxiety is killing me.
I don't like the feeling of not knowing stuff so whenever that happens i get anxious. From the anxiety i can't eat, sleep or study, so basically i get in some kind of vegetation mode. I tried to calm myself but its not working. Only studying in groups helps to calm me down but most of the day i'm all anxiety, especially during night. Anyone in a situation like me? Any tips on how to calm myself down?
me 2. its not as serious, though. i calm myself down through distraction. i ignore my problems and mess around with my pc, i play games, or i build. i used to miss lots of homework this way, but ive gotten better about it, i do homework during or immediately after school, then mess around for hours afterward. playing with friends definitely helps.

Last edited by CIAwesome526,
Reactions: GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
What are you most worried / anxious about ?
Parents paying my college expenses and not finishing college in the end. And i think that if i don't finish college that i'll get homeless later in life. (Its hard to find a job here without one)
And not knowing college stuff makes me anxious and embarrassed.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parents paying my college expenses and not finishing college in the end. And i think that if i don't finish college that i'll get homeless later in life. (Its hard to find a job here without one)
And not knowing college stuff makes me anxious and embarrassed.
You made it through middle school and high school. It will just be one step further (from what I hear). Don't overwhelm yourself by taking like 6 classes each day. Spread them out and you'll have plenty of time for homework and then free time. If you do this, you'll get less stressed and pass, and then you'll get a job, and then you'll be able to pay for expenses. So both of the problems you said are solved!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@GamerzHell9137

I understand how you are feeling. To be honest, I think it's normal to feel these things. Later on in life you'll worry about the kind of job you will be having in terms of making sure you secure yourself in the real world.

It's normal. You just have to trust yourself. No one knows you better than yourself. Deep down, you know you are capable of handling it all. So, just trust yourself, and take it one step at a time. It will all be alright :)

Last edited by Madridi,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried not giving a fuck?

I stopped giving a fuck about things for years now and I'm happy as can be!

:D
:)
:mellow:
:(
:sad:
:tom2:
:sad:
Jsxq2GY.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tom Bombadildo and I see to share a technique, some people look oddly upon it but it works wonders.

Anyway what are you studying? I could not see what goes with a basic search. Likewise I can not say I have tangled with the Bosnia and Herzegovina tertiary education system (or the actually the earlier levels either) but most places I see will usually test their new students at some point to get an idea of what goes. If it is something I or a passing member knows (we tend to skew towards science/engineering or art rather than law or language) then you can get asked some questions that work pretty well for gauging how you might perform. Before you go getting too worried then know most of what came before was a memory test and now actually being able to do matters somewhat more and if you are sitting there surrounded by people with top grades beforehand then know it means surprisingly little there now.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Double down and study hard.
quit the temp, exercise everyday, eat really healthy foods.
Get up at 7am everyday and go for a walk.
Work hard at school everyday.
Promise yourself what you are going to get done before you relax.
YOU CAN DO IT >>>>> START TODAY !!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome