Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
asgct_banner_001.png
So, in light of the fact that the world didn't end yesterday, I thought it would be a good idea to hold a Steam contest.
In regards to criteria, all you have to do is impress me with something you've created.
Creativity, certainly is a plus, but you could just take an existing idea and produce a fresh take on it. Of course that isn't an excuse for blatant plagiarism.
As of now, the prizes are:
Portal 2
2011-05-22_2300.png

2011-05-22_2302.png
Left4Dead 2
Super Meat Boy
2011-05-22_2304.png

2011-05-22_2301.png
Counter-Strike: Source

...and just to show that all no effort goes to waste, thanks to an "anonymous" benefactor, a randomly selected entry will recieve a copy of Terraria!

To enter, simply post your entry(s) in this thread, or email it(/them) to [email protected]
You have until 8PM GMT on Monday the 6th of June to enter, which I'm sure is more than enough time to make something.
Remember to attach your Steam ID!
You can give away your copy of whatever game you pick if you already own it.

Rules:

[*]Deadline is Monday the 6th of June, at 8PM GMT. (check here for countdown)[*]Multiple entries can be submitted.[*]Entries submitted must be your own (semi-recent) work.[*]Winners will be selected by myself and two independent judges (so independent they don't know who they are yet), decisions are final yadda yadda.[*]There will be four winners, who will be given the opportunity to select what game they want in order of preference. (i.e. 1st prize gets to choose from all 4, last prize gets sloppy sec whatever is left over.)[*]If a winner already has one of the games on offer, they can choose for it to be gifted to another person.[*]At some point in the process, recipients will require to have me as a friend on steam, so I guess that rules out your chances Zarcon.[*]One raffle entry per person.[*]Rules can be changed at any time.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PORTAL 2?!?!

You KNOW who's getting first place already, guys
wink.gif
I'm going to create and enter the crap out of this contest.

Lesee...Temp anthem, animations...probly some other stuff too...though I'm sure there's lots of other cool people on here too.

best of luck to all of you in your fight for second place.
smile.gif

seriously though, may the best man win.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0515110047.jpg

I do have a mario drawing I made sometime ago, but I can't take a picture of it right now.

Kirby wants Super Meat Boy.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, let's get started! I am after teh portal 2, and L4D2 if I can't get that.

I am assuming that we can enter as many things as we want, but if you want me to cut down my entries let me know.

One question, can I enter recent work that I've already entered in other contests?

Already done stuff:

Anyway, These are recent works of mine that have not yet been entered in contests:

Sonic The Fighters WITH LYRICS: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/413975

Beautiful Nyan Cat (Slow, real sung version of nyan cat)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOGJ8_jsF_w

Hot Dogs With Chilli (Chicken Soup With Rice song with Sonic-related lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hMGMyBLFKM

I am the walrus - sonic edition (animation):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO3yoFiqOg8...nel_video_title

No One's Got a Love Like Ours (song/animation):

http://recorderdude.deviantart.com/art/Lov...d-WIP-208700914

No one's got a love like ours (full song): http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/420062

Portal "still alive" cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9MV-CnY7To

WHAT I PLAN TO MAKE ANEW FOR THIS CONTEST:

Something about the space core encountering different memes in space (animation)

GBATemp Anthem Song

More.

WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN.

Good day then
smile.gif

RD

steam ID: recorderdude

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Damn... me wants Super Meat Boy. (at least)

Since I'm quite possibly the most horrible person when it comes to art, I'll just impress you with my (okayish) writing.

A little boy's big sister recently passed away due to leukemia. The two used to be very close. The boy was not really aware of what was currently happening, and thus, continued playing on his video game device. He thought his big sister just went somewhere.

Even during the burial, he continued to play the video game device, not shedding one tear or saying on word. Some people considered this boy inconsiderate or unsympathetic. Still, the boy didn't even look up from his device.

The body was being laid down in the hole, when the little boy suddenly looked up from his game, walked past the crowds of grieving people, and placed the device in the hole with the body. The people were confused as to why he did that.

His mother asked him, "Why did you do that?". He replied, "I didn't want her to get bored when she woke up."[/p]

And here's a series of aphorisms or profound sayings that I wrote quite long ago.

Opposites attracting is puzzling, but like a puzzle all of the pieces fit together.

I like smiling. Why? Because I can.

Excuse my French as I excuse your English.

Break a leg, but don't break both of them.

Power is a fire that ignites us, but turns us into ashes eventually.

If I have 2 apples and you have 3 apples, why don't we just eat some apples?

We live to do everything and we do everything to live.

The only difference between the view from the peak of a mountain and the view from a helicopter is how you got there.

Enlightenment cannot be achieved by knowing what the world is, it can be achieved by knowing what the world is to you.

The most beautiful thing in the world is nothing.

A drop of water that goes into a river flows into the ocean.

The only good thing that never ends is goodness itself.

Giving does nothing and everything at the same time.

Peace and freedom cannot coexist without acceptance.

When too many people call something overrated, it becomes underrated.

A promise is not a promise if it was meant to be broken.

Even if we have survived dinosaurs and floods, we find it difficult to survive each other.

Don't look back or you will find yourself where you were before.

We say that a penguin is a bird that cannot fly, but we never say that a dove is a bird that cannot swim.

Nothing can define your life but you.

Even the best explorer needs directions.

Saying 'why take a bath if you get dirty anyway?' is like saying 'why live if you die anyway?'

If no news is good news, there's still great news.

Love can move mountains but not molehills.

The opposite of death is not life, it's birth.

There are more things to do with lemons than making lemonade.

Tissues take away tears but they don't stop the crying.

Desperation is better than indifference.

A lamp does nothing if you don't know where you're going.

The world is your oyster, but remember to open the shell.

I probably won't win anything with these, so I'll write something else later. Something temp related.

Steam ID: proflaytoners

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will probably make some stuff. I don't have any of these games. I've always wanted Counter Strike. You're awesome Ant. :3

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Great contest bud
yay.gif
even though I'm not entering, too busy in Final Exams at the moment, maybe later I might change my mind, MAYBE because I'll be quite busy in trying to make myself a home-made Ocarina, because they aren't available here and only option is to make one myself. Good luck to everyone!

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*attempt at artistic stuff*

Nighttime.. Lot's of these lights. Aren't they beautifull? Thousands of cars racing through the streets. I wonder if this city will ever grow quite. And then there's just me.. Looking down from above. Sitting on this windy building isn't really comfy all the time, but it surely beats being down there, walking in that crowd. You might now wonder: what the hell is he blabbing about? The fact is that most people just walk down there, and I'm sitting up, it means that I'm watching over them. Who does that? Indeed. I'm a guardian angel.. My name is Nathaniël. You know, most people acutally think they have their own angel, 'sitting on their shoulder'. Pure nonsense you know that? In fact, I just watch the city, and when there are people in need of help, I'm there. No, nobody can see my actual appearance. The fact that I have yellow irisis isnt really explainable to people don't you think. When I'm walking down there, I just hide my wings. Most people actually don't mention I have some weird eyes. But that's in my favor.

Being a Guardian angel isn't really that easy. You're not only flying around helping people, guiding spirits to the afterlife and such, but we also protect the human world from a realm called the Spirit Realm. You see, heaven and Hell aren't really good or evil. They are just 2 diffrent places. There is this one world in between for those who don''t want to go to heaven or hell. That's the spirit realm. When cracks in realms appear, I have to close them, sometimes resulting in a fight with some kind of Abomination.

But enough of that. Lately, something has been bothering me. When I walked down the street the other day, a Girl looked at me, quite shocked. I wonderd why, so I started following her. No I'm not a stalker. I lost her.. Then the other day, I met her, and talked to her, and she seemed to notice my eye color. I'm not sure why, but hanging around with her is fun. Mabey I will find out later, but for now, I have a job to do..

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some entries

HaruhiComplete.png

RankaComplete2.png

228390_225672134113190_100000112146017_1054183_6746081_n.jpg

Note: I copy-pasted this one's link from Facebook so that's why it's smaller than the next one

4TH-D%20SLIP.png

Do these count? :3

I can provide PSDs if needed

EDIT: added something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.