Gaming Anti-Piracy Update on Windows 7

thilixD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, here is the deal: I download Windows 7 Ultimate from the Internet and used 7Loader to activate it. When Microsoft released the anti-piracy update, I accidentally downloaded it, but I removed the effects with WAT Remover AND uninstalled the update , but now (1 month later) out of the blue, the piracy warnings came back and my wallpaper is black again! And the Anti-Piracy update is installed again! The WAT remover doesn't work anymore, what should I do?
wacko.gif

Thanks!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
giratina16 said:
Prowler485 said:
Maybe he doesn't have the money?
Save up then. Sometimes piracy doesn't always work, sometimes it's better to get the real thing.
With the price it is now? Don't think so.
Seriously, how about you trying helping the OP, then telling him to buy something he clearly doesn't want to buy

thilixD, all I can suggest is re-installing and turning Windows Update to the option where it lets you pick what updates you want to install.
I forgot the name of the update, but it will be on the Internet somewhere.

Or try what raulpica said
nyanya.gif

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you already have 7 Ultimate you can make it legal for $35: Check this link.

And next time Microsoft tells you it has new updates for you, take the time to read the small print. The update that caused your problems is KB971033

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Win7 Ultimate is insanely pricey.

But in regards to Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600, I'm conflicted.

How can you "steal" something that is not sold?
Build 7600 that everyone is getting is the version of Windows that Microsoft gives to Computer Manufacturers like Dell and HP so that they may edit and preload it on their machines.
Leaked would be the best term to describe it since you cannot buy it.

QUOTE said:
As for the update that forces 7600 to "retire", what is it called again? KB9-something?
Answered by mecha-something

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can or cannot believe what you like or whatever your paranoia suggests to you, that's not something I'm selling, i'm just offering the OP a safe, legal solution to his problem.

It's a perfectly legal and fairly well known way to get a genuine Windows license. The retail price in stores is so high because of the DVD/manuals/packaging/store markup, do you really think someone selling fake Windows keys would not be booted from eBay in a heartbeat?

If you want a free solution to the problem, try this:

QUOTE said:
If you have been infected with this windows update you can also restore your computer by going to the command prompt and typing in "slmgr.vbs -rearm", this will re enable the windows grace period. Next google for "windows 7 loader.exe" after rearming and running this my machines were back in business without having to format!

But I've never tried that, it might F-up your computer, and your Windows 7 will still not be legal.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No offense to anyone, but when someone asks for help with a pirated program that may not be working well, the dumbest and most hackneyed reply is: 'buy the real thing' and answers to that effect. We should help the guy out, and that's that...any comments purposefully not helpful are just wasting his time; I'm sure he's already aware of the legal copies of Windows 7 available for sale at his local software/electronics store, he doesn't need to be told.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You could try looking into inserting an SLIC into your bios and then using an oem key+cert. It uses offline activation and will just look like any other OEM install of Windows, they all use the same key. The anti-piracy updates don't effect this method also.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
You could try looking into inserting an SLIC into your bios and then using an oem key+cert. It uses offline activation and will just look like any other OEM install of Windows, they all use the same key. The anti-piracy updates don't effect this method also.

Second this. I have a BIOS mod (well, not really as I had SLIC 2.1 already in BIOS, but same concept) and absolutely no problems with WAT. Looks genuine to M$ and I don't have to bother with loaders or updates. It's just a matter of flashing your BIOS and then typing in a few slmgr commands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."