Hacking Answer to why 3ds xl is not playing flashcards with new update

kingleg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the Nintendo update itself has not blocked updates, my 3ds xl has not played the dstwo since 1.19 and the aceplus since 2.05.
I spent literally hours on this today trying to get my dstwo to work. I also had updated my ace3ds and that would not work as well. I followed the full guide on supercard, and still no luck. After scouring the message boards, one user suggested what sounded like an insane idea; to put the card in the freezer for five minutes (and yes, my supercard works fine on dsi). Shockingly, I did this three times and it worked all three times, which suggests that the problem is simply power consumption in starting the game as that initial user had suggested. I don't know what to make of this, and I hope supercard personnel are aware of this, but it seems like the dstwo, with all of these updates, is now no longer compatible with the 3ds xl due to the power consumption issue.

I didn't try "freezing my ace3ds", but the weird way to access the supercard combined with ace3ds also not playing truly led me to believe this is an issue with the 3ds xl power consumption and starting the ds flashcards. If anyone has any insight on this, I'd be very interested. I should also note that I have a second 3ds at 4.4.-1-10 and ace3ds would only play on it when I downgraded the firmware to 2.05, but there was no issue running it then.

I guess what I'm getting at is I wonder if all of these firmware updates increase the load on the system to boot properly? While the smaller dsi has no problem with any of the firmwares, the 3ds xl will not play either flashcart (short of the freezing method for dstwo 1.25)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: