Another Zelda Phantom Hourglass topic

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by cityson, Oct 11, 2007.

Oct 11, 2007
  1. cityson
    OP

Member cityson GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    the game doesn't save properly don't you think? when I get back to the game, my character doesn't show where i left off. it's always somewhere instead. i think the game has hidden check points. how should i know when to save?

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Zelda has always been like that.

3. KarmaUK

Member KarmaUK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It saves everything, ie rupees, items, etc. It just puts Link at an allocated spawn point, like the start of a dungeon or where you last got off the boat, just the same as when you die.

4. cityson
    OP

Member cityson GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    lol ok. thanks.

5. DSGRIM

Member DSGRIM GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you are using a flash cart you can prolly save at the exact point you left off. The R4 and the Supercard SD allows it atm.

6. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    how? (got an m3simply, so its basically the same, but ive never used/heard of such a feature)

7. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    [​IMG]
    HUH? You're claiming that a flash cart saves at a different point than the retail cart? I can't even go into how many levels of wrong that is.

And yes, Zelda has set save re-load points, but it's always been that way. Just figure out where they are and save there i.e. the beginning of a dungeon, beginning of an island, etc.

8. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Yeah that sounds like that feature team cyclops are supposedly working on... Which would be a first for flashcards afaik.

9. joe_user

Newcomer joe_user Member

Germany
    You can not save within a dungeon for example. But otherwise it works fine with my R4.

10. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    not true. the function you describe sounds like real time save, which at the moment is featured on any flashcards (when playing NDS games).

it might be possible, or maybe not. team cyclops claimed they were working on it. but we haven't seen any indication of this feature release yet.

and as mentioned before, zelda saves this way. that's the way it is and it's awesome.

EDIT: OH WOW 1,666 POSTS LOL.