Another year older and don't know what to ask for

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always used to look forward to birthdays because it meant that I could ask for anything I wanted. From my childhood I would always flip open a catalogue and then ask for the most useless things. Then came the internet and at that point, I asked for what I wanted and parent would pay with their card.

Fast forward to present. I'm going to be 21 next week and I get a phone call from my sister saying that she wants to know what I want. I blanked at that question. Ever since I got into bittorrent I felt no need for any video game ever and all the video game piracy device was paid for by me on a card I got.

A real nice present I really want is an HD TV but I'm worried it would break the bank balance for my sister.

Apart from video games, what other cool devices are there?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It gets worse each year, but usually I look around and I usually see something that I'd like to have but wouldn't pay for, so I ask for it then.

Not really much help I know.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ever since I reached around the 16-17 age mark I had a hard time thinking of things I want or that I would allow someone to buy for me.

Nowadays I just normally tell them that if they really want to spend money on me then they can pay for a nice meal out somewhere in a restaurant so we can get the whole family together for an evening. Or save the money for another weekend and go out somewhere for the day like a theme park or cinema etc...

Any material things I want these days, I'd rather pay for myself.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Easy, don't ask for any material presents. Just having a nice dinner with your family could be enough. It is enough for me every birthday. Material belongings are over rated anyway (haven't you seen the Fight Club?)

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beautifulbeast said:
Easy, don't ask for any material presents. Just having a nice dinner with your family could be enough. It is enough for me every birthday. Material belongings are over rated anyway (haven't you seen the Fight Club?)

Pfft, i didn't see him asking for Cotton, or Vellum, or Crushed Velvet, or Felt. He wants products, not material. Geeze.

*waits for the flames from those who don't understand sarcasm or quick wit*

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Harsky said:
I always used to look forward to birthdays because it meant that I could ask for anything I wanted. From my childhood I would always flip open a catalogue and then ask for the most useless things. Then came the internet and at that point, I asked for what I wanted and parent would pay with their card.

Fast forward to present. I'm going to be 21 next week and I get a phone call from my sister saying that she wants to know what I want. I blanked at that question. Ever since I got into bittorrent I felt no need for any video game ever and all the video game piracy device was paid for by me on a card I got.

A real nice present I really want is an HD TV but I'm worried it would break the bank balance for my sister.

100 blank DVDs
wink.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
The Teej said:
Harsky said:

100 blank DVDs
wink.gif

+1

Or just ask for some memory cards/sticks/flashdrives.
You never know when you need the portable memory!

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I usually ask for money and go out to eat somewhere. I don't really ask for anything, as I usually have it or can buy with that birthday money they give you.

Money money money.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How old is your computer's motherboard? Since you're into video games, you can't pirate motherboards so, you can consider upgrading it. It'll be cheaper than an HDTV as well, I think.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be glad your biggest concern is what to ask for. I never got ANYTHING for ANY of my birthdays, whether I asked or not. Truth.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a new monitor
a ps3 (at least you'll spend money on games then)
a 360
an external hard drive
an eee pc
a new phone to run fancy emulatorzzz
500 little gadgets from dealextreme.com
a gameboy micro
a new mp3/mp4 player

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask for a nice thoughtful gift... like maybe a watch engraved with your name or etc.

sorta offtopic: YOU get anything you asked on your birthdays?, Man i never get anything since 6 years.... my last birthday all i got was my best friend saying Happy Birthday... that is it.. noone else told me or nothing...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Not the end of the world, I never know what to ask for. Consider asking for money, adding it all together and keeping it to one side to get something nice later on in the year. Like money towards a HDTV (with a long way to go afterwards because seriously, wtf?!
blink.gif
).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1