Another WiiKey/Smash Bros Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Ahri, Mar 19, 2008.

Mar 19, 2008

Another WiiKey/Smash Bros Question by Ahri at 5:35 PM (1,259 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ahri
    OP

Newcomer Ahri Member

United Kingdom
    I'm not whining about updates or anything, just wondering what's going on with my Wii; I have a WiiKey chipped JAP Wii and downloaded the full Smash Bros X DVD9 image, I burnt it onto a "Verbatim 4x DVD-R DL" disc with the command "growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=cvn-dsbx.iso" -- this took a while but seemed ok. I stuck it into my Wii and let it do the software update, and then tried to play, but I just get an error (sorry, it's in Japanese).

There seem to be a multitude of things that might've gone wrong but I don't really know.... lots of people on this forum seem to be replying to people saying "use a backup copy", but obviously I already am! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

It may (or may not) be worth noting that I can play SMG (JAP) fine, so my 'g' version of the WiiKey firmware worked...

2. NeoGohan

Member NeoGohan GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    hope it works [​IMG]

3. [Truth]

Member [Truth] GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    which burner do you use?

and you should use DVD+R DL media not -!

4. Ahri
    OP

Newcomer Ahri Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the advice guys, iy's taken me ages to get a +R but I finally got it, burnt it like you said, and it works!! Thanks again for your advice!