Another WiiKey/Smash Bros Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Ahri, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Ahri
    OP

Ahri Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2008
    I'm not whining about updates or anything, just wondering what's going on with my Wii; I have a WiiKey chipped JAP Wii and downloaded the full Smash Bros X DVD9 image, I burnt it onto a "Verbatim 4x DVD-R DL" disc with the command "growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=cvn-dsbx.iso" -- this took a while but seemed ok. I stuck it into my Wii and let it do the software update, and then tried to play, but I just get an error (sorry, it's in Japanese).

There seem to be a multitude of things that might've gone wrong but I don't really know.... lots of people on this forum seem to be replying to people saying "use a backup copy", but obviously I already am! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

It may (or may not) be worth noting that I can play SMG (JAP) fine, so my 'g' version of the WiiKey firmware worked...

2. NeoGohan

NeoGohan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2008
    hope it works [​IMG]

3. [Truth]

[Truth] GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2006
    Germany
    Mushroom Kingdom
    which burner do you use?

and you should use DVD+R DL media not -!

4. Ahri
    OP

Ahri Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2008
    Thanks for the advice guys, iy's taken me ages to get a +R but I finally got it, burnt it like you said, and it works!! Thanks again for your advice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice