Hacking Another Wii Sports Resort Question...

VideoGameGodZW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have tried everything that I can possibly think of to get this game to work. I'm having an issue that I have not been able to find much about.

Here's the details:

I burned the game to a DVD-R and tried playing it through NeoGamma R6 using the Alternative dol method. That did not work. I know that I have done everything correctly but when I try to load the player.dol it just goes to a black screen.

I have also tried this using the newest version of USB Loader GX and loading it directly from the Disc Channel using cIOSCORP.

It's almost like my Wii just won't play the tutorial video so therefore I cannot play the game.

Oh yeah, I have System Menu 4.1 installed on my Wii. If you need any other information just let me know.

Thanks for any assistance.

VideoGameGodZW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. It didn't work. It sounds like it's reading the disc but all I can see is a Black Screen...

Posts merged

Nope. It didn't work. It sounds like it's reading the disc but all I can see is a Black Screen...

VideoGameGodZW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't know. At the website I downloaded this one from other people were saying it was working for them. It's weird though. I think it's reading but I can't see anything.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
sorry i see you already have sys menu 4.1, just had a play with mums wii ... she had the jap version of wii resort, loaded with alt.dol method, turned off alt.dol then game runs. now just burned her a pal copy (on a pal machine) and do not need to do whole alt.dol thing again, seems to be a "region free bug" lol, so try loading the jap version and then the pal/ntsc she is on sys menu 3.3 still with cios rev9.

on another note should i update her wii now to 4.1 and cios rev10 or 14? is it safe? all she uses it for is wii fit and my fitness coach

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VideoGameGodZW said:
Alright I'll do that. Thanks for the help.

Be sure to get the NTSC version. PAL release does NOT have NTSC video code on the disc, so you won't be any better off than you are now. Forcing NTSC will just get you a green screen.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
using ntsc usa iso (scrubbed).

burnt onto sony dvd-r with slowest speed using nero express (4x for me)

i updated to system menu 4.1
i updated to cios rev14

i used neogamma r6 (for the first time, never used it before)

used the settings in neogamma r6: 002 fix on, and alt.dol disc, choose player.dol (also tuned on save settings)..

then launched the game with those settings. video played, watched the video, then wii rebooted.

launched back neogamma r6, changed the settings to 002 fix on, took off alt.dol settings. (also turned on save settings)...

then launched the game, and the game played well. i played every sport on the game, then took it off.

game worked perfect for me.

im using ntsc wii (4.1u+ciosrev14)
-wii purchased on release date (but probably doesnt matter)

good luck.

btw, everything i said was exactly what i did, however, this information was gathered from many places so i just applied a "tutorial" i found (i did not make this method up myself, i just tried it, and it worked).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.