Hacking another way to install and play from disc needed

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again, here's another one for ya.

i have deleted a version of this game in order to play it from disc without having to use haxchi

i cant play batman arkham city as my wii u says an update is required and gives me no option to skip the update and play, While investigating i read something earlier that states updates can only be skipped on there first application (the theory been it leaves some sort of flag as a possible security measure or something)

ok this is the story
firstly i have been playing batman arkham city with use of haxchi having lost the disc
i found the disc today the game was taking up 18gb for the digital version on my usb drive, i have deleted said version and all saves but am unable to use the disc?? tried holding B to flash into haxchi but still cannot update the game.

any ideas or will i have to revert back to how i was playing it before.

to note i installed another game just fine from disc it is only with this said game. thanks
also nothing is cued in downloads.

also the 18gb digital wup file i installed it with is just one file there is no separate update patch, i did think about trying to manually patch it this way.

Last edited by Cart00nHead,

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have been running a back up of batman and decided to delete the game as it was 18 gig and just use the retail disc but i can not now start or install the game without an update but i cannot get the update? i only have this problem with this game. what i would like to know is,

is there another way to force the game to boot from disc like there was back on the wii?

there is a link here with a few more details https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-play-game-without-update-after-first-time-update.516435/

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I merged your threads, they are the same issue.
don't create multiple thread for the same problem, it would be hard to follow what has already been suggested to you by other users.

I think the problem is because you installed DLC (you mention haxchi), so your tickets are now wrong.
I think you should delete your tickets for this game, and let the disc reinstall a proper legit ticket.

To know which ticket file is related to your game, you need to use tik2SD homebrew. it will generate a txt file on SD with the list to ticket and their corresponding TitleID. you'll have to determine which file it is, and delete it with ftp access.

Wait a little, maybe someone else would have another theory or solution.

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok thanks for the help

there is no DLC it is complete edition, and originally was just one file from usb helper there definitely was no dlc.

do i just find tik2sd and put it on the root with the other homebrew apps? is there a guide for ftp access?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you mentionned wanting to "stop using haxchi, and for that you had to delete an update".
if it's a "complete edition", there's a hight chance there are DLC, they are just bundled on the disc, but installed to the console.

if you installed the game yourself, then it should work, I don't see why you had to delete any data nor wanted to stop using haxchi.
Maybe I didn't understand.
Maybe you are not aware that haxchi is not needed to play games? you think you needed it ?

i have deleted a version of this game in order to play it from disc without having to use haxchi
it looks like you couldn't play without haxchi and the update, and you deleted the updte to launch the game without haxchi.
you couldn't launch it without haxchi but keeping the update?
updates don't require CFW, only DLC does.

you'll have to be more specific to what you did, how did you install the game first ? where did you get it from ? ever used WUP installer with that game?

to me, you "lost the disc" so you downloaded the game illegally and used WUP installer.
downloading and installing the illegal game created a bad ticket, which is not the same as your disc's original ticket. (for whatever possible reason, I won't detail here, it's not the purpose)
now your disc don't work because tickets are mismatching. you need to delete the bad one, and let the disc use the included one.

There's no guide for ftp access or tik2sd.
tik2sd is very simple, just put it in the usual place to launch wiiu homebrew from homebrew launcher, and just launch it on your HBL.

for ftp, that's harder. you need a ftp server (on wiiu) and a ftp client (on computer) and not do anything wrong into your console's internal file.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I deleted the wii you helper version of the game so I could free up USB drive space,

I now am unable to run the retail version of the disc

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok i now have tik2app and ftpiiu apps now on my sd card,

i also have the game file to hand this is the file i got from usb helper this is the one i installed that was working in the first place, can we use any information in this file to help determine the ticket number i will be looking for on the wiu?

its named Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition [0005000010111300] if that helps?
it does contain the .tik and a .cert file how can i access these?

the .tik file is 848 bytes so i know know that it had used a fake ticket to run the game, i just need to figure out how to access the file on the wii u and remove it, how is this done do i run the ftp server on the wii u first then look for a pc client?

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok now using the notepad file i got from the wii u i have managed to identify and match the title key from a search and the i.d from the game file i used so im pretty sure what i am looking for
i'm not sure how much of the information i am allowed to share on here to get further help

how do i now find and view this information on the wii u what is its location? and can i just delete it when i do?

to note my wii is only soft modded i have to hold b and run haxchi when using some software so i assume i need to do this then once its done i then open haxchi and run ftp server? is it from here i can access further files and then locate the ticket??

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
dimok's version of ftpiiu will not work, you need ftpiiu everywhere.
ftpiiu_everywhere 0.4 will not work with CBHC/Haxchi, you need Fix94 version or v04u2 (unreleased on dimok's github).

here the proper link : https://github.com/FIX94/ftpiiu/releases
get the latest ftpiiu.elf
copy to usual place to run homebrew (wiiu/apps/ftpiiu/ftpiiu.elf)

then, on computer get a ftp client (example ftpzilla)

Launch haxchi CFW (with B button)
launch both programs (wii and pc)
the wii will tell you your consoleIP (if not, you'll have to find it), in PC program put that IP in the server address and connect.
use the pc program to browse the console's internal file system, up to the tik you identified. verify it's 848 bytes too (if bigger it has multiple ticket inside ... but maybe game+dlc, so it should be fine), and delete it.

if it's 848, delete it. If not, ask here again !

don't delete the wrong file !!
verify in the tik2sd generated text file that this path+file is used only for your game, and not another game (check all titleID)

oh, and, there's a proper tutorial "how to delete a ticket" on the forum, probably in the WiiU Guide section of the forum.

edit : 5 seconds search : https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-delete-a-fake-ticket.480620/
edit : well, half proper, it doesn't use easy steps or detailed info how to separate multi ticket files. there are tools to automate that instead of hexeditors.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have been looking around the wii and in storage / rights / tickets now whats going to help me identify the correct ticket?

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tell you what it look like iv found the group folder its 0000 and the tik is 0000000f so thats 0000/0000000f.tik@0x0 and it all maches up to the game key

for another title iv found in 0009 / 0000000f.tik@0x0
am i safe to delete the tik in 0000 ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tik in folder 0000 identify s as correct size 848

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
be sure you deleted the correct ticket.
if you just deleted a random one, you don't know how bad it could end ! (console don't boot)

in the tik2sd text file, search for the TitleID of your game. first part is the titleType, second part is the GameID.

remember this first part:
00050000 eShop title
00050002 eShop title demo / Kiosk Interactive Demo
0005000C eShop title DLC
0005000E eShop title update

you need to search all the titleID, because I'm sure the problem is/wad both the game AND the DLC.
deleting only one ticket is not enough.

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok for starters can i just put this ticket back then

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

let me get something out the way batman arkham city is only available in armored edition for wii u as far as i know if anyone knows anything different let me know so it cant be a dlc issue, i did not patch the wii u helper version it was one file same game id code ticket all in one, as is the retail disc

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, that game is : 00050000-10111300
check this 00050000-10111300
check also 0005000C-10111300
check both in the text generated by tik2sd, note the filename and path. this is the files to delete.

if the files are in different folders, and are both 848, then it's fine to delete.
if one if bigger, don't delete ! you have to split it.

You can restore the file yes, if you kept a backup instead of deleting it.

If it still can't get the update : it's not a ticket issue !
your console can't access nintendo servers, because you blocked it ! remove DNS settings, remove server filters!
try to access eshop, be sure you are on 5.5.2
if you are on 5.5.1, that's your problem : you blocked server updates access.

that's why I said "Wait a little, maybe someone else would have another theory or solution." because ticket is NOT the only possibility, and there are other things to check before puting your hand into the console's system files.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cart00nHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
restored it.

there is no 0005000C-10111300 it was a 18 gig full file and i'm beginning to assume its reused a ticket with dr mario or is a multiple install issue from the past

everything else works fine on my wii u the only files i see are in a sys file that could relate to the game

i'm on 5.5.2e
i dont block anything
if i use haxchi it reverts to 99.99.99 e its only a soft mod

i was under the impression if i used back up games with wii u helper i could delete them and store the discs and use them at a later date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended