ROM Hack Another Super Mario 3D [SM64DS Hack by Skawo]

Triforce141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hack has been released already, but I couldn't find anything on gbatemp talking about it. So I've decided to create this thread about the game.

To quote Skawo (the guy who made it):
Skawo said:
LogoFin.png

Woo, maybe it's time to post this officially somewhere. Um, yeah. So, this is a thing. A little project that started as a "lol-let's-eff-about-in-sketchup" and actually progressed. This project's goal was to do a 3D Mario hack with no other special goals in mind using Super Mario 64 DS as a base. Pretty exciting stuff. Very much in line with my other projects.

After finishing the project I can definitely say this isn't the best thing in the world; if you're expecting something with the scale or quality of Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, you'll be disappointed. Plenty of things could be polished up or spiced up a bit. I got a bit demotivated towards the end, as well. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it, though. Is a good timewaster, I guess.

Anyway...

Trailer:

Download:
(make sure to read the readme, especially the "KNOWN ISSUES" bit)
CURRENT REVISION: 1.07

To those who've played it, what flashcards that aren't in the readme compatible with this on 3DS?
I have a DSTWO but it seems that Super Mario 64 DS hacks don't work on SDHC cards that well.
(2gb micro sd cards work with it though)

Is the R4i Gold 3DS with an SDHC card compatible with this?

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is the R4i Gold 3DS with an SDHC card compatible with this?

I tried it with R4i Gold 3DS RTS using 16GB Sandisk SDHC card, and apart from minor graphic glitches (like flickering shadows) it works absolutely fine. Even the real time save feature works (it doesn't always play nice with patched roms). I didn't have time to play it for that long though, I pretty much just walked around in the first few starting areas and grabbed couple stars in the first level, but hopefully the rest of the game will work as well as it did so far. I will report if I run into any issues later on. :)

I am super impressed by this hack, it's so cool to find and get to play something like this! Thank you very much for posting!

Triforce141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with R4i Gold 3DS RTS using 16GB Sandisk SDHC card, and apart from minor graphic glitches (like flickering shadows) it works absolutely fine. Even the real time save feature works (it doesn't always play nice with patched roms). I didn't have time to play it for that long though, I pretty much just walked around in the first few starting areas and grabbed couple stars in the first level, but hopefully the rest of the game will work as well as it did so far. I will report if I run into any issues later on. :)

Thanks!

how many stars and worlds?
73 Stars, 7 Main Courses, and 10 Secret Courses.
Short hack, but it's still fun.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey,
I use the blue card of the mt card and i have a big problem. when i get the 4th star the game freez every time.l what can i do? i want play this awesome hack :(

Tiffani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely give this a try when I get a copy of the game. At work right now (lunch break). It looks really cool. :)

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry in advance for being the elephant in the room.
Who's behind that Nyan Cat NSMB DS hack? It looks pretty impressive and interesting (it uses some unused content)
The beta level restoration with the rope swinging level too...
Are they releasing those at all?

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just started a playthrough of this hack after I finally got it working >< Haven't read these "issues" yet so hopefully don't randomly run into them!

Vorty11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old thread, but for some reason I can't get this romhack to work in Twilight. It just gives me a white screen on boot up. I know the rom works and is patched correctly because it starts up on a DS emulator on my PC just fine. Any idea? Is there a special version that works with twilight++?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse