Another SSBB/Free Space Question. Best way to solve?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SimonFlint, May 9, 2009.

1. SimonFlint
    OP

Newcomer SimonFlint Newbie

United States
    Yeah, I already searched the forum for this one and didn't find an answer specific to my situation. I do know that some of you have had much more experience with this than I have.

To make a long story short, I am slowly replacing the entirety of Brawl's soundtrack with custom-made stereo tracks, ranging in size from 5 MB to 13 MB. However, since most of Brawl's files top out at between two and five, this quickly raised the DATA partition to its maximum size. In fact, the original SOUND folder maxes out at less than 1.1 GB, while mine currently sits at 1.5GB.

My question is, what can I safely move/sacrifice to provide the extra space? Is this even possible? I've tried replacing the partition entirely, but this still drives the ISO size above allowable limits. Another question here is that since I'm using the USB loader instead of a disc, does size matter at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. SimonFlint
    OP

Newcomer SimonFlint Newbie

United States
    Bump.

But not to make it a completely worthless post, I think I'm going to try the DVD5 patch and see where it goes from there. Anyone want to stop me before I waste my time?