Gaming Another Square Enix game shows up on Amazon UK with a low price

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Listed only as Theatrhythm (Nintendo 3DS), it's recently appeared on Amazon UK no release date or box art yet. I searched for it after seeing the NA release date had been announced. Don't know if you guys recall (or you might have missed it), but Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance appeared at £23.50 a while ago and then bumped to £24.99. I wonder, is it because they're both Square Enix games? Most other high-publicity 3DS titles have pre-order prices of £30 or £35.

I'm not sure why these two games have such low pre-release prices, but KH got the Pre-order Price Guarantee shortly after so I hope this one does too. In the meantime, I'm going to be watching Amazon for other Squenix games like Heroes of Ruin and Bravely Default. Admittedly, I'm more hyped for those, but I won't argue with £23 for this game.

EDIT: Now has the Pre-order Price Guarantee at £23.08.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If I buy it now will the price stay the same for me if they bump it up later?

Amazon does a pre-order guarentee offer on games last I remember. Basically, at any time you have something pre-ordered, you pay the lowest price it was set to between, and including, the day you pre-order and the day it is released. I had pre-ordered Kid Icarus when it was $40, but at some point in the middle, they reduced the price to $30, and that was the price I paid.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I buy it now will the price stay the same for me if they bump it up later?
Usually, one of two things can happen:
  • They notice they made a mistake and put the price up silently. All existing orders remain the price they were at the time the order was placed.
  • They cancel all orders already placed with an apology e-mail. This doesn't happen if the product has the pre-order price guarantee (which it doesn't, at the moment).
I've only heard of the latter occurring once. Rayman Origins for PSV was originally listed at £5, and all pre-orders were honoured. My guess is, they'd look at the numbers ―if the hit they take is going to be less damaging than publicly admitting the mistake and inconveniencing customers, they're not going to cancel the orders.

Either way, I don't see how you can lose out by pre-ordering. If they honour it, you saved some brass. If not, you're no worse off than you would have been pre-ordering at the proper price.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hate it this prices are only for UK, here in Amazon France we pay the same price as retail. If only the delivery price wasn't so high to send them here, it would be interesting to import.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate it this prices are only for UK, here in Amazon France we pay the same price as retail. If only the delivery price wasn't so high to send them here, it would be interesting to import.
You can get free super saver delivery to certain parts of Europe (including France) if your order is £25 or more. It will take longer to get there, though.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can get free super saver delivery to certain parts of Europe (including France) if your order is £25 or more. It will take longer to get there, though.

Nope, Super saver isn't available in France.

"Eligible European Destinations
(Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Andorra, Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Vatican city and Poland.)"

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Nope, Super saver isn't available in France.

"Eligible European Destinations
(Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Andorra, Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Vatican city and Poland.)"
Oh, sorry, I thought it was. That sucks :(.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The game would've sold terribly here anyway at £35.

My interest in it is minimal until I can grab it for under a tenner.
I don't think it will sell amazingly well either, it's clearly targeted at fans of the Final Fantasy series, but the rhythm aspect kind of restricts the game to a certain group of gamers. Admittedly, I'm dubious myself but the videos look pretty good. I wish it had the boss music from FFVII, though.

In any case, it's got the Pre-order Price Guarantee now, so if people want to order it they don't have to worry about cancelled orders due to incorrect pricing.

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country
The game would've sold terribly here anyway at £35.

My interest in it is minimal until I can grab it for under a tenner.
I don't think it will sell amazingly well either, it's clearly targeted at fans of the Final Fantasy series, but the rhythm aspect kind of restricts the game to a certain group of gamers. Admittedly, I'm dubious myself but the videos look pretty good. I wish it had the boss music from FFVII, though.

In any case, it's got the Pre-order Price Guarantee now, so if people want to order it they don't have to worry about cancelled orders due to incorrect pricing.

Nice. For me I'm one of those strange people who voluntarily listen to game music when not playing the game. Especially FF music, plus I really like rhythm games lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s