Hacking Another slightly stupid question

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does putting a PAL wad on an NTSC Wii carry a risk of banner bricking said Wii? Or will the wad just not work? I ask because I just downloaded a huge pack of wads, but have just now realized that they may indeed by PAL wads instead of what I originally had thought.

If it won't brick me, but also won't work, is there any way to make those wads compatible with my Wii? Thanks to whoever answers, I appreciate it.

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Nah. No harm.

That's not a banner brick. A banner brick is when you try to edit the banners in the wad and you screw it up. If you Install them It will say: This game Cannot Be Played.

However, There is a program called "Freethewads" Use this on your wads and they will be region free, meaning you can play them. Even if PAL.

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
Nah. No harm.

That's not a banner brick. A banner brick is when you try to edit the banners in the wad and you screw it up. If you Install them It will say: This game Cannot Be Played.

However, There is a program called "Freethewads" Use this on your wads and they will be region free, meaning you can play them. Even if PAL.

Is Freethewads freeware, or must I purchase it?

Gingy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally found Freethewads after searching Google for a little while.

Now how do I use it? I clicked on the .exe file and it did nothing. D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.