enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
OP
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Well im not sure how many of you used 1rom.net but i did to get all different types of roms since other major rom sites have been closed. But sadly it has been shut down. 1rom was open for about a year. It's sad but i guess they had it coming.

LINK REMOVED. Warez in a click or two.

EDIT: Sorry about that, i should of quoted instead of providing a link.

UPDATE: Straight from 1rom

QUOTE said:
One of our veteran forum users has taken it upon himself to take over the forums. He is going to turn them into a ROM sharing community; not unlike the way warez boards are run.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, they really seem to be cracking down lately. But meh, they can close all the ROM sites in the world, but as Napster proved with music downloading: you can shut down the big distributors, but you'll never stop the users from sharing. Take one down? 2 more will take its place. Mixed metaphors abound!

"Can't stop the signal"

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I loved that site
cry.gif
. I am going to miss that site so much. It had everything and there was only one ad at the top of the site.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know about that site. I just hope it doesn't impact the availability of obscure games.

Such as Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition. Which is notable for not only being the last coin operated Street Fighter release to date, but also the final game to use CPS-2 hardware. Even outliving CPS-3. I believe it was exclusive to Japan in arcades as well (not it's console ports). Never found pictures of the cabinet or marquee, though the ROMs are dumped and recently playable.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you want to use websites for downloading roms, I recommend using GRN websites. If you want the exact url of the ds website you'll have to PM me since I don't want want to get banned :X

[edit] ahhh typos. Hate having to use IE7 at school.

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Downloading (NDS) roms from sites is lame. Get usenet or start using mIRC.
Huh, yeah, it's totally lame to get roms in a few clicks, rather than looking for them on Usenet or IRC. I should get a bit more hardcore.

I think I'll just dump them myself. Now that's real 1337.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Getting roms from IRC is a few keyboard strokes...

I'm quite aware of that. I still prefer just clicking the link in my bookmarks and then download. 2-3 Clicks for me.
I don't know why this method of acquiring a rom is any more lame than doing via IRC or Usenet.

I mean, it all results in you having the rom in the end.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting roms from IRC is a few keyboard strokes...

I'm quite aware of that. I still prefer just clicking the link in my bookmarks and then download. 2-3 Clicks for me.
I don't know why this method of acquiring a rom is any more lame than doing via IRC or Usenet.

I mean, it all results in you having the rom in the end.

Because people who use IRC and Usenet like to think that doing so makes their epeen bigger.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2 or 3 clicks? I take it binsearch (http://www.binsearch.info/index.php?q=&m=&max=250&adv_g=&adv_age=999&adv_sort=date&minsize=&maxsize=&font=&postdate= ) and newzleech ( http://www.newzleech.com/ ) are sites you have never visited. I made some pictures once in one of the usenet threads as well.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
romulation and 1rom were the only sites i knew and used! looks like i'll have to search for another decent one... >:(

nintendo aren't achieving anything by doing this because there will always be other means of downloading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: