Homebrew [Another poll] How many people have been banned after Friday 5/26

Were you banned within the past 24 hours?

• Yes

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 247 87.9%
  • Multiple systems, please comment the status.

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know another stupid poll, but I am wondering just how many people have been banned within the past 24 hours. I am actually curious to see if the numbers of bans have increased or decreased in the past 24 hours. It seems that the bans peaked on Friday, but skimming through the threads it seems like there aren't as many people reporting that many bans. So just wanted to make a quick poll to see just how active Nintendo has been since Friday and basically this weekend alone.
This has also been inspired my own experiments with my system I've dubbed "Goat." Goat has been running the same setup since the first time it banned (then unbanned by me.) I have been running the system online with FBI running to see if Nintendo was going to re-ban the system and they still haven't (#Pray4Goat.) So I am actually wondering if Nintendo is still actively banning or if any new bans were just delays from Friday.
I will leave the poll open for the next to week to see if any new bans happen
Edit: If you voted yes, please add the last time you checked your 3DS before finding out it was banned. If you hadn't touched your 3DS before Friday, please don't vote. I need people who have been actually online since Friday and weren't banned on Friday, to vote.
I am looking for people who weren't banned on Friday and been actively checking since Friday to vote. I am not looking for people who haven't touched their systems before Friday to vote. I am basically trying to find out if the banwave went past Friday or not.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had internet off, before the first(only?) banwave, connected today to check and was banned, fave title was an out of region game(and currently exclusive there) and sending info to Nintendo was off.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I had internet off, before the first(only?) banwave, connected today to check and was banned, fave title was an out of region game(and currently exclusive there) and sending info to Nintendo was off.
That's actually interesting. I am now wondering just how long Nintendo's been collecting user information in order to ban them.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's actually interesting. I am now wondering just how long Nintendo's been collecting user information in order to ban them.
If they had the info earlier, why didn't they start banning as soon as they could? I doubt the info to identify whether someone is using a CFW console was discovered the previous day.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
because thats how a wave works. its halfway evident that the banning system is not as automated as you would believe, meaning that stuff is collected, people ban this stuff by hand during a week or so, the same way they can link and unlink your nnid in their system. which is why some people aren't banned on day one, but on day three. thats when they got to them.

as for this thread, its pretty clear that this will only get people who have been banned from day one, but never checked because they thought staying offline would protect them, or people who didn't check their friendlists after a restart, which is usually when the ban message appears

Reactions: Blue and Pyra

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
because thats how a wave works. its halfway evident that the banning system is not as automated as you would believe, meaning that stuff is collected, people ban this stuff by hand during a week or so, the same way they can link and unlink your nnid in their system. which is why some people aren't banned on day one, but on day three. thats when they got to them.

as for this thread, its pretty clear that this will only get people who have been banned from day one, but never checked because they thought staying offline would protect them, or people who didn't check their friendlists after a restart, which is usually when the ban message appears
That's part of what I am trying to find out. The other part is to address the concerns if the banwave still actively happening. I know I can't 100% say for sure that they've finished, but I am going to try and gauge the activity from Nintendo.

Matalan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly think that if you have CFW installed then they'll get to you eventually.
I really don't think there's any escaping this.
I think this is Nintendo's way of sending a message to future owners of Switch and 3DS.

D

Deleted User

I got banned wensday around 10 or 11 pm.I was online at the time playing battlespot on moon and shut my 3ds off.Then I saw the thread go up about the 002 ban and someone saying multiple people got banned on Facebook,so I turn my 3ds on again to check and bam,I get hit by the banwave

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still not banned. Been on a9lh since summer, B9s now, played out of region games, but very rarely played online. Almost never. But was always connected.

Just checked friend list and it works fine.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What will be really indicative of the current strength of the banwave would be to have people who had checked that they had not been banned during the first few days of the wave but then got banned between then and today. If you hadn't checked the status of your console, saying that you "got banned on day X" doesn't prove anything. You could have been banned for days at that point but if you didn't check, you obviously couldn't know.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm banned or not. I'm on 11.2, so when I try to check my friend list, it just tells me to update. Does that mean I'm banned?

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That gives me hope, but I think I'll just avoid connecting for a while. I don't play multiplayer games anymore, so it doesn't really affect me.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What will be really indicative of the current strength of the banwave would be to have people who had checked that they had not been banned during the first few days of the wave but then got banned between then and today. If you hadn't checked the status of your console, saying that you "got banned on day X" doesn't prove anything. You could have been banned for days at that point but if you didn't check, you obviously couldn't know.
I am aware of that, but I am interested in hearing from those who have been checking their systems for the past few days. Thus they would know if their system was recently banned or not.
I know it's an oddly specific group of people, but it's worth checking to see if the wave was just one burst or if they are still periodically banning.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I read about the banwave last Tuesday or Wednesday I believe, every day since then i been checking it at least once, maybe twice a day and still no ban.
checking my system activity log shows i last ran homebrew applications on may 19th, and may 25th, during the peak of banwave activity. Why my system has not been banned yet I do not know......

Edit 1: I just remembered, I DID go online with a copy of Mario Kart 7 on May 10th that I downloaded from "thatshop" Hopefully someone can glean something from the dates, I mean i'm personally curious as to how far back the data collection goes. I also ran homebrew launcher for the first time on the system way back in April 2017

Last edited by SaberLilly,

elrayo

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I haven't went online with my 3DS in the last two weeks, should I try to go online now? I don't want to be banned, but I don't know if connecting or not would make a difference in the current moment

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't went online with my 3DS in the last two weeks, should I try to go online now? I don't want to be banned, but I don't know if connecting or not would make a difference in the current moment

From what I've read in the other thread, keeping your system offline won't really "save" you from being banned, you just won't know if you have been or not.

Tokita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If activity log is what triggers this, and they plan to send Ban waves like... once per month

we're kind of screwed

iEnzan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "yes"s should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm going to assume those voting yes are people who claim to haven't touched their 3DS' in months, or just haven't checked before and turned it on today to find they are banned.

If you weren't consistently checking online, or playing games online yesterday to find out if you were banned, then it wasn't today or the passed 24 hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1