Another Nintendo leak uploaded online, features betas and source code for many SNES games

fNoC788.png

It's time for another anonymous treasure trove. Someone has, yet again, posted a collection of highly interesting bits of Nintendo history, in the form of source codes, development repositories, and beta/debug builds of Super Nintendo games. This is an addition to the previously uploaded content we've seen earlier this year, which included beta Pokemon designs, the source code for the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 64 prototypes, and other files. In this leak, source code for Star Fox and Star Fox 2, Super Mario World, Link's Awakening, Yoshi's Island, F-Zero, potentially Super Mario RPG, A Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, and more are all available. Some Twitter users have already gotten their hands on the files, uploading footage of these beta versions of games, such as an early build of Yoshi's Island, seen below.

Downloads for these files cannot be provided, though they are making their rounds across the internet, and have not been taken down from their original source yet.

Referred to by some as the "Gigaleak", the contents of the 4chan post are as such, so far.

Contents of the leak:
Full development repository for Ensata official DS emulator
\20100713cvs_backup.tar\ensata\

Full development repository for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
\20100713cvs_backup.tar\pokemon\pm_dp_ose\

Full development repository for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, ending in March of 2006
\20100713cvs_backup.tar\pokemon\pokemon_dp\

Full personal development repository by a Diamond and Pearl dev
\20100713cvs_backup.tar\pokemon\yama_work\

Full development repository for NetCard (cancelled GBA peripheral)
\netcard.7z

iQue GBA stuff

Full development repository for Game Boy Advance BIOS
\other.7z\agb_bootrom.zip\agb_bootrom

Full development repository for Game Boy Color Boot ROM
\other.7z\agb_bootrom.zip\cgb_bootrom

Full master ROM database (America and Japan, NOT Europe) for Famicom and NES including the ROMs (and I mean everything - there’s even Nintendo World Championships 1990 and shit like that)
\other.7z\NES
\other.7z\HVC

Master ROM of Super Mario RPG

Source code to Star Fox
Source code to Star Fox 2
Source code to Link’s Awakening DX
Link’s Awakening DX bug reports
Source code to Wild Trax / Stunt Race FX
Source code to Yoshi’s Island
Source code to Mario Kart
Source code to F-Zero
Source code to TLOZ A Link to the Past
TLOZ A Link to the Past dev stuff & bug reports
Source code to Super Mario All-Stars (including Mario World?)
Source code to the Wii VC Game Boy Emulator
Some weird prototype game (“super_donkey”, from early 1993 - Yoshi’s Island style)
Super Mario Kart prototype(s)
Full development repository for a tool to upload titles to the Wii Shop Channel
“WallPaperPasswordMaker” source code
Random test program source code
Seven early 1990s tape backups
Several Super Mario World 2 prototypes - “Super Mario Bros 5: Yoshi’s Island”
eTicket signing keys for an unknown system
Private and public keys for “various arcade manufacturers”
Game Boy Advance and Iris (early 2003-era DS prototype with 1 screen) board documentation
Tons and tons of CAD documents in general relating to Nintendo products
Wii private keys?
ES/FS source code (IOS) (also a p2p/voice chat lib?)
P2p lib:
/netcard.7z/gba/depot-offline/sw/common/sdks/p2p
IOS Arm Toolchain patches:
netcard/gba/depot-offline/sw/devroot/tools
Hamtaro Ham-Hams Unite! debug build
other\CGB\B86__ハム太郎 2\Master\USA\ham2usa_020807
SuperFX Test Program (1991)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is better than E3. :creep:
Better than the most recent Nintendo Direct LOL

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How the hell did Super Mario World start out as THAT? I feel like I'm cursed just from watching it.
Yeah, me too.
I too had that creepy feel. Maybe it's the music?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I remember I played prototype SNES game called "jelly boy 2" made by Sony. Really good game.
Jerry Boy was made by GAMEFREAK, and it was published by SONY.
I know which game you're refering to, I own the SNES Cartridge of the first Jerry Boy game.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Interesting.

How hard was to program for the Super Nintendo? A lor of early Super Nintendo games had terrible sound, but I don't know if that was due to bad sound compression or because programers were unfamiliar with the sound chip.

I recall the Megabyte was more expensive on Snes cardridges for some reason.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How the hell did Super Mario World start out as THAT? I feel like I'm cursed just from watching it.

A lot of Nintendo prototypes ended being turned into Mario games, Zelda games or games from stuff Nintendo already owned. This practice has not stopped, Super Mario Sunshine wasn't originally gonna be a Mario game, and Dino Planet was turned into Star Fox Adventures.

Heck the horrible Wario Ware for the Wii U started as just a demo disk like the one that was included in early Nintendo Wii models

Reactions: Xzi

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played a bit of the Mario Kart prototype and the early drifting is pretty interesting, but I can't say it makes the steering any better or worse than it always is. The drifting is super similar to Double Dash since you don't actually jump when you drift, but the cornering is made easier. The title screen music also seems to just be a generic placeholder song that doesn't fit Mario Kart at all.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
does the 3ds operating system source code leak mean that running homebrew on 3ds will become easier and universal?
At best, you might get an extra sploit or two down the road.
In all likelihood, there won't be anything useful to come from it, ever.

Part of that is because Nintendo's source code is less readable than disassembly.

Reactions: peteruk

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A lot of Nintendo prototypes ended being turned into Mario games, Zelda games or games from stuff Nintendo already owned. This practice has not stopped, Super Mario Sunshine wasn't originally gonna be a Mario game, and Dino Planet was turned into Star Fox Adventures.

Heck the horrible Wario Ware for the Wii U started as just a demo disk like the one that was included in early Nintendo Wii models
I definitely defend Game & Wario, the games/story are fine, the unlockables are mostly interesting , and it badly exposes the Wii U gamepad flaw of the "doppler effect" can't really blame the game for that. (referring to the gyro-aiming parts that constantly force recalibration with the "shield pose")

https://venturebeat.com/2012/10/17/gamepad-designer-on-wii-u-motion-games-no-please-dont/

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Because there are over 300 games worth playing on the Wii U and 3DS.
To be fair, with a 3DS with CFW, you can install a lot more things to your home screen than 3DS games (e.g. homebrew, emulators, Forwarders, etc.). For instance, I use my 3DS to emulate NES, SNES, GB/C/A, and together with DS titles, VC, and 3DS games, I have about 350 games in total on my 3DS. I don't use forwarders for emulators, but it would be nice to know that I could if I wanted to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.