Another Newb Psp Thread

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Kalyca, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Kalyca
    OP

Kalyca Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2007
    United States
    I intend to get a Psp slim for christmas (well ask for it anyways!) I bookmarked a few sites selling a Datel Battery for the Pandora Bootup. I'm curious about the memory stick. I own a DS with a 6GB Micro SD card, will that work for this? Besides the battery, a memory stick, and the system of course, is there anything else I need to buy to play iso's such as Jeanne D'Arc?

Thanks ahead of time!

2. MC DUI

MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 30, 2003
    Newcastle, Australia
    No the 6GB SD card will not work on a PSP, the PSP only uses Memory Stick Pro Duo cards.

In order to play ISOs you need to install custom firmware onto your PSP. For a PSP slim you need a Pandora battery, a memory stick and a PSP with custom firmware already installed.

That last bit may be different now as I haven't looked into the PSP scene in a little while.

3. Samutz

Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

Oct 4, 2004
    United States
    See that hole in your wall?
    Datel's Tool Battery supposedly works the same as a Pandora battery.
    Also, you can use a MicroSD card, but you need a MicroSD-to-MemStick Pro Duo adapter.

4. MC DUI

MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 30, 2003
    Newcastle, Australia
    Well there you go, I didn't even know one of those existed.

5. Icarus

Icarus fire walk with me

Feb 3, 2006
    United States
    Big Appleu
    But isn't a 6gb card a SDHC ? So it might not compatible with that adapter.

6. gigermunit

gigermunit GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2007
    United States
    Orlando
    Also you dont need another psp to mod a psp slim.

Just get the magic memory stick files from some place like pspmod.com and use the pandora/datel tool battery

7. Kalyca
    OP

Kalyca Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2007
    United States
    Well I got the PSP slim with the Pro Duo adapter for my MicroSD HC? 6GB card. I can confirm it does not work, which is a disappointment. The battery light just flashes orange and I can't format the card. I suppose I'll simply cave and buy a separate pro duo card just for my PSP.

Thanks for the help everyone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice