Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeon said:
you know the health and safety says youll need the play on an ``small`` screen... so if ninty wants bigger sreens? why do they say you need to play on an small screen? wtf do they want?

That's cuz we're not talking about 60" screen flashing blue and red in Pikachu's eyes lol (some people might know what I'm talking about)

meornot0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:
Aeon said:
you know the health and safety says youll need the play on an ``small`` screen... so if ninty wants bigger sreens? why do they say you need to play on an small screen? wtf do they want?

That's cuz we're not talking about 60" screen flashing blue and red in Pikachu's eyes lol (some people might know what I'm talking about)
pokemon yellow?

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
BlackDave said:
Aeon said:

That banned episode? Never saw it myself, but I heard about it.
tongue.gif

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
meornot0 said:
BlackDave said:
Aeon said:

pokemon yellow?

LMAO
rofl2.gif

Google pokemon banned episodes.

....Also b-blue posts have made me lol so hard
rofl2.gif

...And nintendo needs to stop making small upgrades that ds should had since the first model...

Devion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with this
QUOTE said:
updates are the way to go. instead of all these new consoles (PS4,Xbox 720,and Wii 2 whatever) they should just send
updates through online or they could sell stuff the you can install in the HD
I think this is fake
unsure.gif

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A gba-slot isn't a huge deal to me. Personally I would prefer a snes-slot, then I could go back to playing games that were actually good.

mphil145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I'd want a DSI with a bigger screen I mean DS is a low res system as it is why make the screen bigger. By the way I'm not hating on the DS I love my DS Lite but this is an upgrade that I think is better just reserved for a brand new system not a upgrade to the current model.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
BoxShot said:
@B-Blue But but then they can't play nds games without having to carry around another flashcart!

If you can carry a GBA flashcard.......you can certainly carry a second NDS flashcard, how much does it weights..????

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
Jdbye said:
What about those who have GBA games they still play, and want to play all their handheld games on 1 console?

Buy an iPlayer.

It can play GBA. NES, SNES, SEGA SHIT AND ALL YOUR GAMES FROM 100000 YEARS AGO
happy.gif
iPlayer is actually one particular thing that brought my respect for the DSi up a notch. Of course, you can still play GBA games on it using an old Phat or Lite, but it makes the loss of GBA slot less bitter. It still needs some major work though, many of the best games such as Golden Sun The Lost Age go to slow to be considered perfectly playable. But that was a preliminary first release beta and is bound to get many times better in a while.

Again though, I won't be buying a DSi likely at all. At least, not until after next year's E3 when I'm quite sure they don't plan to make a true DS2. I don't want to buy something that is going to be outmoded in less than a year. I would want a true DS2 though. I'm just a little ricked off about Nintendo releasing a new DS revision so early on, right after people spent money on a normal DSi. It's on par with Sony's marketing of all their PSP revisions. Of course, 4 inches DOES look really nice once you look to see.

For comparison reasons, here's a comparion of all versions of the DS together. Of course, not meant to convey actual picture quality, as the pixels were resized and added (real DSi increases the actual individual pixel sizes). But just to give you an idea of the size differences-

index.php

You can actually physically tweak your screen resolution to match your current DS and then compare the sizes. Once you get it to where you can put a ruler up to the monitor and measure it accurately (diagonally), this is actually an accurate comparison of the real differences in DS screen sizes. Not the image quality, but the physical size. Plus, I'm not even counting the dead space here, between the screens. The new 4 inch DSi will be even bigger than the Phat. Or at least, it should, if my math is right...

Attachments

• Mario_compare.PNG
    Mario_compare.PNG
    59.3 KB · Views: 286

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To everyone complaining about the missing GBA slot. Buy a Micro. Like I did.
They're sexy, small and work wonders. If you can shell out 199$ for a new DSi, you can probably also buy a used Micro for 30$.

I also bought a GBASP Brighter. Those things are awesome
gbasp.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even afford $30 FYI. Not everyone is made of money. I can't even spend $20-$30 on an EZ Flash 3-in-1 or an iPlayer or I would get one of those, and not even bother with a GBA at all. I sold my original GBA (non-SP or micro) because we needed money. Don't assume that people can waste money on every single game system out there. I'd much rather have one that does as much as possible. There are a lot of things I'd rather do with $30 than buy a GBA if I had the chance to GET $30.

D

Deleted User

WarioN64 said:
How hard is to get money? I asked my parents for 20 Euro and I got it.
Your lucky, if i ask for moey i am told to get outside, and earn my own.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some parents don't spoil their kids rotten, or don't have any themselves. I was lucky to get one game per year when I was little. And I actually had a job as a child, and was forced to give the money to the parent.

Getting offtopic, but the point was that not everyone wants to have their hardware downgraded, especially since the downgrade was completely unnecessary and was just that: a downgrade. BAWWWW about it all you want, DSi lovers, but you can't deny this. There's a reason people dislike the DSi, and there's a reason I was happy when the iPlayer got its GBA emulator. GBA is just an awesomely epic system, one of the best ever made. And like I said, it was there to be lost, unlike the N64 or SNES, which never had any sort of back compatibility. They took it out, and that leaves room for people to be unhappy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)