• Total voters

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A former Big N employe states Switch 2 - ? coming along with BOTW 2 in (now) Feb 21 of 2021 and will be a home console and feature 4k 60fps, makes you wonder what their plans will be.
Will it allow the game carts to work across both systems will it download 4k texture packs to the home system? What will it mean for the portable Switch going forward?

Makes me think it will be the WiiU 2 with the Switch acting like the gamepad but this time you can actually walk away and continue to play your games on the go

Also details about BOTW2 Spoilers

take this with a small grain of salt .. I only care about the possible effects it could have on the ecosystem :)

Last edited by Teletron1,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making a home-only box IMO practically requires them to dramatically improve sharing saves between systems, so you can still take your gaming on the go when you want with a mobile Swtich. Being Nintendo this won't ever happen so you can write this rumor off as fiction.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making a home-only box IMO practically requires them to dramatically improve sharing saves between systems, so you can still take your gaming on the go when you want with a mobile Swtich. Being Nintendo this won't ever happen so you can write this rumor off as fiction.

what if they implement save sync through network? I know it's something I've asked for

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

who releases a new console after holidays? Just after Christmas. Legit fake.

maybe they are copying Apple's way of thinking :blink: sell all the Switch and Lite stock then boom hello Switch Home

Last edited by Teletron1,
Reactions: Jayro

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because Nintendo + good online = does not compute

and what if they allowed it through the home system to sync save data?

A successful console like the Switch only lasting a little less than 4 years? I don't believe it.

but isn't this the WiiU really with the ability to take the games on the go allowing both systems to coexist?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and what if they allowed it through the home system to sync save data?

but isn't this the WiiU really with the ability to take the games on the go allowing both systems to coexist?

No it's not like the Wii U at all. Also FYI you posted the thread none of us believe it so give up some guy on 4chan claiming he used to work for Nintendo is not believeable in the first place. Come back when it's backed by a legit source.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not like the Wii U at all. Also FYI you posted the thread none of us believe it so give up some guy on 4chan claiming he used to work for Nintendo is not believeable in the first place

why is it frown upon to have a discussion around here now? just wanted to see what people may be interested in

Reactions: DM9

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what you were doing you're taking a 4chan users word as fact and running with it and no ones running with you, and won't.

I'm sorry I didn't think this was fact I was merely striking up a conversation on a Friday :grog: and the only thing I'm running with is the idea if there would be a home console and what effect it may have .. thats it so if you are not interested it's cool ,was more curious to see what people had in mind

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't buy this rumour. Going back to a pure home console seems awkward to me.

They'll never name the sequel Breath of Darkness, that sounds like a fanfic title.

Besides, the glimpse we got of BOTW2 doesn't look like it will have vastly improved graphics over the first one. It's more of a Majora's Mask thing which reuses many assets to shorten dev time.

Whoever came up with this didn't even try.

Last edited by Reynardine,
Reactions: Teletron1

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I didn't think this was fact I was merely striking up a conversation on a Friday :grog: and the only thing I'm running with is the idea if there would be a home console and what effect it may have .. thats it so if you are not interested it's cool ,was more curious to see what people had in mind

I might have bought that if you hadn't made a poll saying "Is this what you were hoping for?"

Reactions: Teletron1

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A former Big N employe states Switch 2 coming along with BOTW 2 in Jan of 2021 and will be a home console and feature 4k 60fps, makes you wonder what their plans will be.
Will it allow the game carts to work across both systems will it download 4k texture packs to the home system? What will it mean for the portable Switch going forward?

Makes me think it will be the WiiU 2 with the Switch acting like the gamepad but this time you can actually walk away and continue to play your games on the go

Also details about BOTW2 Spoilers

take this with a small grain of salt .. I only care about the possible effects it could have on the ecosystem :)

thanks for deleting my link to the original source I shared to the temp page on Facebook admins. It took sometime to find the non-4chan link...I did my monthly browser clean up, so I no longer have it

What if Nintendo releases the Switch 2s as the Switch Go (handheld) and Switch Home (console). The games known as Switch 2 titles, but rather than a system that is a “hybrid” it’s the games that are switch-able aka completely compatible with both systems.

Last edited by chartube12,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn