31 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. Sounds confusing like the Wii U

48 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Very skeptical on what Volta is supposed to bring to the table this year. Especially when there's already an outstanding form of Mariko listed in the firmware, and nothing on something Volta based.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Jan 23, 2020
    Teletron1 likes this.
  2. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Turkey
    Yeah, my uncle works at Nintendo. This is legit.

3. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  4. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    It's funny how many people embrace a system lasting less then 5 years when Nintendo does it but when the Xbox or Sony launches a new console after a mere 5 years people lose their marbles. Why would anyone be okay with a system being supported mostly only a meager 4 years not counting the years after when the system is on life support next to its succesor because that system just doesn't get enough new games to even count those years after.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The hori pad pro that i also have is basically a pro controller cut in half. Never went back to my joycons ever again on the go. You should look in to that, best controllers for on the go plus it has extra buttons on the back wich is always a good thing. Use the triggers on the back of the controller instead of the rear bumper triggers it standard has on top

Last edited by kumikochan, Jan 23, 2020
  5. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Lol I think it's gonna take me years to understand tht can you rephrase it somehow or what you trying to get at

6. kumikochan

Belgium
    Because i was typing on a phone. It's always funny the double standards people have with Nintendo. When Microsoft or Sony launches a new console after a meager 5 years people lose their marbles but when Nintendo does it only after 3 to 4 years people embrace it. Why would anyone be okay with a new generation launching only after 4 years ?

7. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    I don't take note if people do tht or not but 4 years is quite a long time and having a new system every 4 years is no bad thing - we all want more powerful tech so if game designers are able to make better games with better tech then why wait

Teletron1 likes this.
  8. kumikochan

Belgium
    Nintendo usually does it after 3 years tho. Gba only lasted 3 years till the NDS released. I am more for a minimum of 5 years lifespan till a sucessor releases. Tech advances will be 2 small in a 4 year period. Think that's also the reason we're not seeing big enough jumps powerwise from Nintendo each generation.

9. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    Nintendo needs to give the Switch 2 an upgrade to the X2 processor. That way we could possibly do native 4K docked.

10. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Legit imho and I‘d love to see a new powerful WiiU console (honestly I still prefer the U over my switch).

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  11. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    I'm calling it now nintendos first 4k game will be and look like this M4RIO KART

12. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Meh; 4K is superfluous in my opinion. 720p and 1080p still look fine to me, and the more important target is 60+fps.
    Besides, a possible Switch sequel (which, by definition, would need to keep both the docked and handheld modes - something the Lite utterly fails, and thus isn't a "Switch" at all) would likely have the updated firmware and hardware the Lite and red-box Switch have, blocking homebrew access.

So while an improved processor and other components would be nice, the target of 4K isn't really the right one to aim for, and giving up the multiple benefits of homebrew is unthinkable.

13. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    This ain't 2013 mate - you should hav higher ambition of what a company aims for - if nintendo listened to you we wouldn't see 4k till we reach Mars lol

14. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    4Chan......Seems legit

15. Teletron1

OP Teletron1 Space Tech Engineer

United States
    Well I think Nintendo this Generation is looking to strike a blow to Sony because the time is right to make a little dent. Higher priced systems with little to no software support for the first year will allow Nintendo to continue to dominate the console market. Adding an improved system would allow aaa devolpers to either produce more ports or modified versions of what they would be running on ps4 or xb1 at the end of their lifespan .. so it comes down to stealing those game sales for the next 1 to 2 yrs and if you're Nintendo it's a risk worth taking because worst case scenario the pro version would just cancel out the older version and allow the system to have a longer lifespan

16. mathew77

mathew77 GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Why for god's sake?!

17. spoonm

spoonm Can count to 3.

Brazil
    I commented this on another speculation thread, but while a home console with that kind of performance is totally possible (think PS4 Pro, PS5, XBOX Series X, etc.) it is unlikely Nvidia has been working on a Tegra X2 successor with that kind of horsepower. Going another route would mean backwards compatibility with Switch titles will be compromised. Besides, the Switch is doing pretty well, Nintendo can milk it for another 3 years before AAA developers lose all interest in the system once PS5 and XBOX Series X are well established.

Also, it was said the sequel to BotW will be running on the same engine as BotW. Obviously I expect them to make enhancements to it, but an engine that would span 3 systems (Wii U, Switch, Switch's successor) sounds crazy.

Last edited by spoonm, Jan 23, 2020
  18. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Better games (no ports), compatibility, more controllers and devices ...

19. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    ...DS Virtual Console, controllers with aligned analog sticks, better GUI...

kumikochan and usernamecharlie like this.
  20. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    Yeah. I totally agreed. Sick and tired of ports unless people don't have the games for their system then that's ok. I already have PS4 and ported to Nintendo Switch is hassle and lazy. I don't mind, thought because some games ported to Switch jailbreak is great due that PS4 higher FW isn't jailbreak yet. I can use this port games for Switch jailbreak. Just depends. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Another, Switch, coming