• Sounds confusing like the Wii U

Votes: 72 31.4%

• Total voters

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lets say this is legit and theres going to be a home console, i wont be buying it, nintendo's lineup of quality games for the switch is just terrible especially with there constant remakes of games from old consoles.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets say this is legit and theres going to be a home console, i wont be buying it, nintendo's lineup of quality games for the switch is just terrible especially with there constant remakes of games from old consoles.

I think price point will be Nintendo’s biggest hurdle games follow the market demand yr 1 saw no games on the Switch the way today you are seeing games. Microsoft is coming out swinging with its price and all in one price point with Game Pass for Series X . Sony with its huge price on both games and system may see a slow growth so Nintendo will try and lure its fan base and consumer gamers. As far as ports of older classic games I see no issue with it because you’re getting portability and developers get another shot at making money especially when some games miss out because another game steals its thunder, plus you have the next wave of kids to sell to. It’s a very interesting scenario right now what Big N plans to do . I think we see a better improved Switch because 1080p handheld will be a standard for a long time and hopefully those Sharp screens are in them because that’s a long time to be holding on to those screens. If it is a console then it will basically have to sell for 199 since it’s just up converting games to 4K with software but hopefully it has a HDD
The funny thing will be if Nintendo tries to sell the same game but a 4K version labeled :blink:

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As far as ports of older classic games I see no issue with it because you’re getting portability and developers get another shot at making money especially when some games miss out because another game steals its thunder, plus you have the next wave of kids to sell to.

what a great way to not progress the gaming industry, just keep rehashing the same game for new generations of kids....

as for portability, i dont really need portability for botw or donkey kong as i already finished it on wii-u - years ago.
developers like nintendo dont need to rehash old titles to make more money to make new games. its nintendo, they have more than enough money to progress the gaming industry, but hey why not fill up the bank some more with lazy ports, they know suckers will waste money to have the same game over 3 consoles, oh and to top it off now there using fomo (fear of missing out) on there sales by advertising mario all stars as being available for a limited time. whats next, zelda all stars?

each person has there own thoughts on the situation, but unless this shit changes, the next nintendo console released wont be in my house unless its a gift. nintendo really has struggled with having quality games consistently, yeah there's a few gems in the bunch. but majority, meh.

quality over quantity i say. nintendo are more about quantity.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what a great way to not progress the gaming industry, just keep rehashing the same game for new generations of kids....

as for portability, i dont really need portability for botw or donkey kong as i already finished it on wii-u - years ago.
developers like nintendo dont need to rehash old titles to make more money to make new games. its nintendo, they have more than enough money to progress the gaming industry, but hey why not fill up the bank some more with lazy ports, they know suckers will waste money to have the same game over 3 consoles, oh and to top it off now there using fomo (fear of missing out) on there sales by advertising mario all stars as being available for a limited time. whats next, zelda all stars?

each person has there own thoughts on the situation, but unless this shit changes, the next nintendo console released wont be in my house unless its a gift. nintendo really has struggled with having quality games consistently, yeah there's a few gems in the bunch. but majority, meh.

quality over quantity i say. nintendo are more about quantity.

Pacman has been playable since practically its existence on consoles its price points that I would have an issue with but a good classic games for under $20 why not some developers make money some break even but most dissolve because they couldn’t recoup the investment.

As far as quality games goes depends what you’re looking for I enjoy the Indie games + all the first party Nintendo games all the high end games I get on other systems because I’m realistic knowing a handheld can only do so much but if Nintendo goes the console route it will only be slightly more powerful than the Switch unless they separate and go back to separate divisions. You’re not a sucker for buying the same game because it’s an entertainment factor if you enjoy it than to each is own.
The big AAA games from bigger developers requires more work to make it run and some don’t like the negative feedback for the game looking like shit

I skipped out on the Wii U because I didn’t have time for gaming but I bought the Switch to play Zelda and for the fact I was able to play games on the go but after 6 months and no games I ended up getting a used Wii U to play the HD remakes of Zelda then I modded it to store all the best games from previous generations as my Nintendo Machine so I get what you’re saying about the quality of quantity but if it has a New Zelda game on it I will most likely buy that system because of just the entertainment factor :)

the last bunch of Nintendo games have been solid especially the cgi stories in them ,but it all depends on what you’re looking for don’t forget Nintendo has been struggling with consoles for 20yrs outside of the Wii so investing heavily in games factors into that but with the Switch’s success they can now take that chance to dip into their rich character base. The Wii U ports is just a way to recoup lost earnings and they have all had dramatic impacts on revenue

So far recently games I enjoyed
Links Awakening Luigi’s Mansion never got into Animals Crossing but hey it sold 20mil copies loved the Huntdown Indie game :yayswitch:

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-