• Sounds confusing like the Wii U

Votes: 72 31.4%

• Total voters

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally all first person shooters are the most ideal games for VR but you can’t persuade the masses unless the experience is near perfect

Considering what fans have been through with this series it would be a make or break situation with a lot of money invested and Metroid fan base is tiny compared to Nintendo’s other IP’s so that would be a very ballsy move on their part ,but hey if it’s a mind blowing experience it could really help push the VR boundaries

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With the World facing a Pandemic and the Top Scientist instructing World leaders they weren’t able to prevent an Outbreak and now you want to rely on a clerk to help make that type of decision... lol
VR could be optional
plus they could port the trillogy to VR optional too before hand to see how it does

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VR could be optional
plus they could port the trillogy to VR optional too before hand to see how it does

Could be a VR too, i mean, it does count as a second screen xDDD and since it will be exclusive to this PRO revision... it could be because this Switch Pro has more power and can run a VR set like the PS4 PRO.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be a VR too, i mean, it does count as a second screen xDDD and since it will be exclusive to this PRO revision... it could be because this Switch Pro has more power and can run a VR set like the PS4 PRO.
If Nintendo was able to convince 770k to buy a Virtual Boy I guess anything is possible right. I did see the Wii as testing grounds for VR but I can’t see their investors being happy with how slow the VR business is to want them to invest in it

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo was able to convince 770k to buy a Virtual Boy I guess anything is possible right. I did see the Wii as testing grounds for VR but I can’t see their investors being happy with how slow the VR business is to want them to invest in it

I know, we are just trying to figure out what that second screen is xDD

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fake news.

4chan??? Really???

If we know Nintendo, we all know they don't get into the "fancy graphics" bus just for the sake of it.

Nintendo doesn't produce hi-res consoles just to compete with other console makers, they create what in the gaming industry is the most important part of the "having fun" formula: games.

What makes a console a success its the game catalogue it has to offer, not it being the "most powerful" (debatable) with a bunch of mediocre games (ask PS Vita, ask PS Classic, ask Sony).

Last edited by CMDreamer,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fake news.

If we know Nintendo, we all know they don't get into the "fancy graphics" bus just for the sake of it.

Nintendo doesn't produce hi-res consoles just to compete with other console makers, they create what in the gaming industry is the most important part of the "having fun" formula: games.

What makes a console a success its the game catalogue it has to offer, not it being the "most powerful" (debatable) with a bunch of mediocre games (ask PS Vita, ask PS Classic, ask Sony).

That wont be the case for Switch Successor, they said in an interview that they will WAIT for PS5 and Xbox Series X to come out and have specs finalized so they can release a console that is at least ON PAIR with them in terms of tech so the gap is not as HUGE as it was in the past. New president, new views i guess.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fake news.

4chan??? Really???

Furukawa Is all about making Nintendo a huge Brand like Disney so you have Zero idea what they are capable of doing ,unfortunately with World events the Olympics were going to set off a chain of events for this company Media Theme Park Higher End Clothing that’s more than any other gaming company could do.The power of Mario influence was ready to be unleashed :gun:

I know, we are just trying to figure out what that second screen is xDD
Well considering the Switch didn’t migrate with DS family and a group of fans still enjoy the clam shell would it really not be that far fetched for them to merge the 2 considering its still out sells Xbox , would it not be a win win for them to get those gamers to have the best of both worlds while also getting them to purchase both softwares?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Furukawa Is all about making Nintendo a huge Brand like Disney so you have Zero idea what they are capable of doing ,unfortunately with World events the Olympics were going to set off a chain of events for this company Media Theme Park Higher End Clothing that’s more than any other gaming company could do.The power of Mario influence was ready to be unleashed :gun:

Well considering the Switch didn’t migrate with DS family and a group of fans still enjoy the clam shell would it really not be that far fetched for them to merge the 2 considering its still out sells Xbox , would it not be a win win for them to get those gamers to have the best of both worlds while also getting them to purchase both softwares?

That one i dont see it happening xD but MAYBE a Switch Lite 2 or something i honestly have no clue!

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasn't the marketing that gamepad killed it for 3rd party they took one look at it and said nah we don't want anything to do with that gimmicky shit!
Basically same thing happened to the PS3/PSP which everyone forgets developers didn’t want to deal with it and Sony had similar ideas, probably the biggest thing that hurt the Wii U was their target audience were growing up and moving on especially with how dominant the PS2 was.I know for me it was right around the time I was having a family I had bought a PS3 first (Which was expensive)along with Metal Gear and both sat unwrapped because I never had time .The next wave of gamers it was all about the Graphics and waiting to play all the great sequels from the past generations, the other thing I’m sure had and influence was the controllers ,a good chunk of gamers didn’t like the Wii setup (to clunky) and Wii U kind of made it seem you needed the tablets to even play. Throw in the fact PS3/360 had a 6 year start that was just way to much time to even attempt any recovery from that generation even though the Wii was having success gamers and gaming was evolving with online. Plus developers were already aware that PS4/Xbox one were on the horizons and that the Wii U was not a system designed for the future but the past.
I bought my Wii to play Skyward Sword and I bought my Switch to play Breath of The Wild with the lack of games on it after a year or so I did eventually buy a Wii U to play both Wind Waker and Twilight then also eventually modded it to add everything on it. I do like the system and the ability to play games on the tablet is fun until you try to walk away :wacko:. I think one thing that the Wii U was going to do was be fully backwards compatible with previous generations because it was coping the PS3 but once Sony pulled the plug and tried profiting instead Nintendo changed their stance ,would that have had impact on their fans probably to some degree but nothing where it may have had a major effect. The only interesting thing is Nintendo is still pushing all the same ideas today it had planned for the Wii U but now they are working after even a longer time :rofl2: .. Now bring me Breath of The Wild 2 :toot:

also R.I.P Paul Haddad voice of Leon in the Original Re2:mthr:

Last edited by Teletron1,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically same thing happened to the PS3/PSP which everyone forgets developers didn’t want to deal with it and Sony had similar ideas, probably the biggest thing that hurt the Wii U was their target audience were growing up and moving on especially with how dominant the PS2 was.I know for me it was right around the time I was having a family I had bought a PS3 first (Which was expensive)along with Metal Gear and both sat unwrapped because I never had time .The next wave of gamers it was all about the Graphics and waiting to play all the great sequels from the past generations, the other thing I’m sure had and influence was the controllers ,a good chunk of gamers didn’t like the Wii setup (to clunky) and Wii U kind of made it seem you needed the tablets to even play. Throw in the fact PS3/360 had a 6 year start that was just way to much time to even attempt any recovery from that generation even though the Wii was having success gamers and gaming was evolving with online. Plus developers were already aware that PS4/Xbox one were on the horizons and that the Wii U was not a system designed for the future but the past.
I bought my Wii to play Skyward Sword and I bought my Switch to play Breath of The Wild with the lack of games on it after a year or so I did eventually buy a Wii U to play both Wind Waker and Twilight then also eventually modded it to add everything on it. I do like the system and the ability to play games on the tablet is fun until you try to walk away :wacko:. I think one thing that the Wii U was going to do was be fully backwards compatible with previous generations because it was coping the PS3 but once Sony pulled the plug and tried profiting instead Nintendo changed their stance ,would that have had impact on their fans probably to some degree but nothing where it may have had a major effect. The only interesting thing is Nintendo is still pushing all the same ideas today it had planned for the Wii U but now they are working after even a longer time :rofl2: .. Now bring me Breath of The Wild 2 :toot:

also R.I.P Paul Haddad voice of Leon in the Original Re2:mthr:

i bought my wii u to hack and get BOTW

it's too bad that Nintendo changed their original idea for the game pad in BOTW
in early video reveals you can see he gamepad is used simultaneously , you can view the map and presumably the inventory and other screens on the pad while you ply the game on the TV , this was later revised and the gamepad screen does nothing but you can just swap ad play on the pad instead of the TV
they really should have kept this feature , it would have given the wii u version a slight edge over the switch version , i think that's why they scrapped it maybe

also R.I.P.
who is going to fuck Claire now?

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: Teletron1

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought my wii u to hack and get BOTW

it's too bad that Nintendo changed their original idea for the game pad in BOTW
in early video reveals you can see he gamepad is used simultaneously , you can view the map and presumably the inventory and other screens on the pad while you ply the game on the TV , this was later revised and the gamepad screen does nothing but you can just swap ad play on the pad instead of the TV
they really should have kept this feature , it would have given the wii u version a slight edge over the switch version , i think that's why they scrapped it maybe

also R.I.P.
who is going to fuck Claire now?

The stupid Nintendo Switch is the cause, that's why I hate that stupid machine. Wii U version of that game was going to be great, and they had to dumb it down because it had to run on that stupid console.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
A former Big N employe states Switch 2 - ? coming along with BOTW 2 in Jan of 2021 and will be a home console and feature 4k 60fps, makes you wonder what their plans will be.
Will it allow the game carts to work across both systems will it download 4k texture packs to the home system? What will it mean for the portable Switch going forward?

Makes me think it will be the WiiU 2 with the Switch acting like the gamepad but this time you can actually walk away and continue to play your games on the go

Also details about BOTW2 Spoilers

take this with a small grain of salt .. I only care about the possible effects it could have on the ecosystem :)
NooOoOoOo... PLEASE DON'T GET MY HOPES UP AND DESTROY MY DREAMS ANYMORE...

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stupid Nintendo Switch is the cause, that's why I hate that stupid machine. Wii U version of that game was going to be great, and they had to dumb it down because it had to run on that stupid console.
" they had to dumb it down because it had to run on that stupid console."
they really could have left that feature in in the wii u version and still had it run on the switch , they could have had that minor difference without too much trouble with coding , especially since it was already done and included on wii u, they had to re code the game to remove it for switch anyways they could have just gave us the original for wii u with the gampead maps screen

Last edited by weatMod,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
" they had to dumb it down because it had to run on that stupid console."
the really could have that feature in and still had it run on the switch , they could have had that minor difference without too much trouble with coding , especially since it was already done and included on wii u, they had to re code the game to remove it for switch anyways they could have just gave the original for wii u with the gampead maps screen
They had to do it. Because otherwise the "inferior" platform would have the superior version of the game and obviously that would make the Switch look bad and feature lacking...

Reactions: weatMod

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They had to do it. Because otherwise the "inferior" platform would have the superior version of the game and obviously that would make the Switch look bad and feature lacking...
To some degree because the only ones who would have known would have been Wii U players majority of Switch casual owners wouldn’t unless they were seriously following the hardware differences but it does take certain games to push the idea but it also is up to the gamer Example Minecraft if the game is fun and interesting people just want to play it on whatever they have instead of the superior version but mobile targets the out of home experience and what sets the Switch apart

Frankbel

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that Botw is a great game and the second display would have made some control more complicated. For example, aiming would have been done using the gyroscope of the gamecrap. Look how Starfox zero was unplayable because of gamecrap.
Thanks God someone at Nintendo realized that double screen is as useful as a kick on the balls.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that Botw is a great game and the second display would have made some control more complicated. For example, aiming would have been done using the gyroscope of the gamecrap. Look how Starfox zero was unplayable because of gamecrap.
Thanks God someone at Nintendo realized that double screen is as useful as a kick on the balls.

The aiming can still be done by GYRO and works FINE, what are you even talking about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: