kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually - hold onto your seats: I wanna give a huge thanks to Elza. He totally reminded me about pointers, and I went and did a little research. Lo and behold, pointers stop the space problem dead in its tracks. x)

Get ready for fullname Chiaotzu and KING Kai!

and a Plain, too

However, Elza and I BOTH are stumped by the format which graphics are stored. Neither of us have a single clue on where to start looking. >:

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Double posting to share with you all that version .02 of the patch has been released. It's not on Sharebee; this time I actually posted it on FileTrip. woo

I'm gonna take a day off from translating this to beat the game a little more and to tinker with my other computer (because as nice as it is to learn about pointers, I'd much rather learn how to tinker with computers)

Also unfortunately for you guys; I'm not going to do any story script translation in my patch. I WILL translate the Story Mode MENUS (which is the little bit I already did), but TBH I don't know the DBZ characters well enough to confidently rewrite the scripts (especially the IF stories). The other reason is that I find it rather pointless to translate the story for two reasons: 1) Half of you have already said that you know the storyline well enough that you don't need a patch anyway and 2) this is my way of letting the developers earn their money. I plan on buying this release day once it comes out stateside, and I'll cease progress on this patch once the game is announced for a Western release.
Rather than flat-out pirate it this early, translate the entire game and make a dent in sales because "I kinda own it already thx 2 kosheh durr", I'd rather you give the developers their money for this actually-pretty-good game than props to me for being a l33t @ZZ tranzlata
If the game is never released stateside for some reason or Atari makes a dumb marketing decision, then and only then will I begin to work on a story mode patch.
Besides, I'd rather translate the other parts of the game instead of getting hung up with the storyline.

I'm also taking a break so I can let Elza catch up

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You said you couldn't translate the name for the Saiyaman turbans. Couldn't you translate is as S.Man Turban? Or Saiya Turban? Would those fit?

neninef

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Koseh, thanks to work with this too!

Im kinda asking EVERYONE, but since no answers till now, I keep asking:

How to use the keywords? What they do? I made combos but still dont know if my char is gettin better or worse
frown.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AP patch code was in the release thread....

balhor said:
here the solution :

you guys need raku raku patcher 1.2 : http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=13002

apply these codes on the rom:

00004610: 3B B2 07 B0 6D C7 C9 62 9D F3 40 1D 15 59 1F FF ? 00 00 9F E5 1E FF 2F E1 CF B3 00 00 00 00 9F E5
00004620: 06 BE 0B 71 B3 55 8D 8B 2E F7 D1 17 84 59 DC 67 ? 1E FF 2F E1 DD A2 00 00 07 40 2D E9 1C 00 9F E5
00004630: 40 1B 0A 1E D7 C3 DD F1 68 2E 7E EA 41 B2 08 06 ? 1C 10 9F E5 00 20 91 E5 02 00 50 E1 14 00 9F 05
00004640: 5B 9B 93 4B 73 01 C8 7C B6 EA 63 46 ? 00 00 81 05 0C 00 80 02 3C 00 81 05
0000464D: B0 ED 6A 73 13 50 66 B5 47 A6 B8 0C 0C F1 2C ? 80 BD E8 20 AB 12 02 F8 8E 12 02 10 27 00 02
000049F8: 1E ? 0A
000049FA: 2F E1 ? FF EA

have fun ! Works great on m3i Zero

Hope that helps you. Kudos to you and Elza for working on a translation. Too bad you guys can't really collaborate and truly combine your efforts.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dann Woolf said:
You said you couldn't translate the name for the Saiyaman turbans. Couldn't you translate is as S.Man Turban? Or Saiya Turban? Would those fit?
Oh, it's not that - I totally could; I was just kind of an idiot when I first started hacking through that menu, and didn't realize the "Other No. 1" hat was actually referring to the Saiyamen. When I resume translating tomorrow I'll fix them up.
Sometime soon I'm gonna sit there and literally rearrange every pointer to allow more room for each entry. It's kind of a big project in itself but hey
everyone's gonna benefit from it, lol, but I wanna work on other things (like you know, the other menu wallpapers and the other menus, period?) before I goof off with pointers on something that big.

Tomorrow I'd like to:
-Translate all the stage names
-Fix some stragglers in the custom items
-Begin working on key words (only tamper with the stat changes parts for now)

neninef said:

How to use the keywords? What they do? I made combos but still dont know if my char is gettin better or worse
frown.gif

I've been playing a little with these myself so if I'm wrong, don't crucify me over it lol

"Keywords", as translated by Elza and I should actually be called "Mottos" or something to that degree. What "words" are are actually quotes from the series.
Initially you start with space for only one Motto, but you can purchase additional slots in exchange for points.
Said quotes actually do give your character bonus stats and whatnot; just no one knows what the stat changes are yet lol. My guess is that some of them add Power and Ki of your characters.

I'm a little wary on translating these because I feel like quotes like those require a true DBZ nerd's expertise and accurate as possible. I'll make a spreadsheet with the custom items' descriptions and keywords for the Tempers to translate sometime soon.

Rayder: thx bro B)

GeekyGuy said:
Will your patch work with AP-patched ROMs?
I hope so ?_?
You'll have to apply any AP fix patches manually for now; later releases will include an AP-fix version.

QUOTE(hackotedelaplaque @ Feb 8 2011, 10:50 AM)
Hello,

I found the main menu graphics using GBA Graphics Editor (compress mode).

Here is the screenshot :

Offset is EE65E4

Hope it helps.
HOLY
SHIT

THANK YOU SO MUCH ;A;

also thanks for confirming my suspicions of the graphics being done in huffman encryption

habababa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Elza's work is a very messy translation.No string length adjustments,etc..
I'm very glad a better translation came out.

Actually, I also started my own translation.
I've already translated about 60% of the text data,with DBZ Supersonic Warriors as my reference
for most of the attacks and the story.

For strings that won't fit max length of about 25 chars for the screen width, maybe replace or edit the 16x16 font?

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[/quote]

I'm glad to help you.
I support your project because this one is more open and cooperative.
rolleyes.gif

[/quote]

that the spirit.. not only this one is better but there is.. well.. this open and cooperative part making the other a fool of itself.. so nice!!
smile.gif

little flamin but i think its well served when silly egotrip are taking place *cough*

neninef

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
kosheh said:
Tomorrow I'd like to:
-Translate all the stage names
-Fix some stragglers in the custom items
-Begin working on key words (only tamper with the stat changes parts for now)

neninef said:

frown.gif
I've been playing a little with these myself so if I'm wrong, don't crucify me over it lol

"Keywords", as translated by Elza and I should actually be called "Mottos" or something to that degree. What "words" are are actually quotes from the series.
Initially you start with space for only one Motto, but you can purchase additional slots in exchange for points.
Said quotes actually do give your character bonus stats and whatnot; just no one knows what the stat changes are yet lol. My guess is that some of them add Power and Ki of your characters.

I'm a little wary on translating these because I feel like quotes like those require a true DBZ nerd's expertise and accurate as possible. I'll make a spreadsheet with the custom items' descriptions and keywords for the Tempers to translate sometime soon.

Well, I think im not so nerdy to identify what combos with what
To get combos, I am, for exemple, using the "mottos" that show in the description something in common (A letter G, the number 18, etc) and i know i allow something. The hp and ki are easy to check the changes, because of the bars, but the other bonus... no idea..

Just to inform
My Videl got 5 slots. I supose it has something to do with the fact that I passed the stages in Easy and Normal with a S rank.

Mardax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you want I can edit this menu buttons. But i dno't use specials programs or something xD I use GIMP to make graphics
biggrin.gif
and in this moment I dno'nt realy what I must edit to make a what you want xD

And I don't know Japan So I don't understand what in this button is writed xD.. Of cors i know about CPU but i don't know this japanes symbols
biggrin.gif

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hackotedelaplaque said:
Yeah I know it's ugly (lol) but just to report that menu graphics editing isn't a problem anymore :

Skilled TileMolester's users are needed.
Lol, I hate to brag but my strong point with translations is the sheer amount of effort I put into the graphics. x) I don't need much help in terms of graphic editing (thanks though to all offering)

The only problem I'm having is getting the palette to display properly in Tile Molester so the result doesn't look extremely gruesome
You mind me PMing you asking you how you managed to do all that?
the palette is pissing me off in megatons

like, I TOTALLY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, I AM LITERALLY A STEP AWAY
I just had a total brainfart and can't remember how to have the palettes match so images don't become hideous. Can they be imported via savestates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple