Another day of protests

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
And prices? College is FREE until your 18th except for the books.
Once you're 18, you're gonna have to pay BUT, you'll get unlimited free public transport for as long as you're a student and you'll get 75 - 250 euro (depends on how much your parents earn) from the government EACH month without doing shit and if you don't live with your parents, another over 200 euro each month will be added.
Agreed until 18 it is free (but who on earth gets in college when he is 14 or something :S?). Unlimited free transport AND the basis beurs (which is what the general money you get from the state, taking into account what your parents make) are given HOWEVER they are LOANS. If you do not complete your study coarse you will not be getting any money and will have to pay back EVERYTHING. Financially it isn't really as interesting as you are saying here
smile.gif
. As for living at home or not, the money you get isn't really all that much as generally those amounts are also calculated with the parents income in mind and the amount of children (and no more children does not equal more money from the state
smile.gif
).

http://www.ib-groep.nl/particulier/Informa...dragen_2008.asp

I got into college at the age of 12..

It's true that they're loans for the people who haven't received money before 2005 I believe, but since I'm lucky enough to have studied way before that, I still have the benefits of getting everything for free.
The loans will indeed be a gift once you complete the course, but quitting the first time will be for free, so that shouldn't be much of a deal.

In any case, I believe there is no such system in any other country.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
And prices? College is FREE until your 18th except for the books.
Once you're 18, you're gonna have to pay BUT, you'll get unlimited free public transport for as long as you're a student and you'll get 75 - 250 euro (depends on how much your parents earn) from the government EACH month without doing shit and if you don't live with your parents, another over 200 euro each month will be added.
Agreed until 18 it is free (but who on earth gets in college when he is 14 or something :S?). Unlimited free transport AND the basis beurs (which is what the general money you get from the state, taking into account what your parents make) are given HOWEVER they are LOANS. If you do not complete your study coarse you will not be getting any money and will have to pay back EVERYTHING. Financially it isn't really as interesting as you are saying here
smile.gif
. As for living at home or not, the money you get isn't really all that much as generally those amounts are also calculated with the parents income in mind and the amount of children (and no more children does not equal more money from the state
smile.gif
).

http://www.ib-groep.nl/particulier/Informa...dragen_2008.asp

I got into college at the age of 12..

It's true that they're loans for the people who haven't received money before 2005 I believe, but since I'm lucky enough to have studied way before that, I still have the benefits of getting everything for free.
The loans will indeed be a gift once you complete the course, but quitting the first time will be for free, so that shouldn't be much of a deal.

In any case, I believe there is no such system in any other country.
1. 12??????? Jij bent op je 12de gaan studeren :S? WTF? (translation, you started your study at a HBO or WO at the age of 12???)
2. In sweden education is free
tongue.gif

Btw just read you stated quitting the first time will be for free, well that isn't quite true. The system works as follows, you get money for the duration of the study course. If the course is 6 years (as mine will be) you will get money 6 years (I think that is the maximum it may take btw, could be you only get 5 years though not too sure). However if you quit after 1 year the money of that year will never come back meaning: Say I quite my 6 year course and take up knitting which can be completed in two years. I will only get money for one year, the other year was already spent.

As for that money it's from taxpayers so in essence your folks have paid for the money anyway
tongue.gif

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
That is NOT the point of the demonstrations, it isn't so you have more free time for christ sake
grog.gif
. So funny they don't seem to understand that

But finding kids who say rational well thought out things is not proper journalism is it? They find the retards cause that makes good news. There are more than enough reasonable kids. There were COUNTLESS peaceful demonstrations, but where were the journalists? At the ones where it went wrong.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after college I will have a look at the museumplein in amsterdam (i study at the university of Amsterdam) and take some pictures
tongue.gif
... GBAtemp exclusive journalist XD

EDIT:

didnt go to amsterdam
rofl2.gif
bit to tired to go to college
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.