Hacking Another Bricked Wii?

Nicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my wii doesn't startup anymore. all i get is a black screen at startup.
i softmodded the wii with a modpack 1.0 from a dutch site, that was used by many others.

after the modding the wii was fine. homebrew could be started, usb loader gx was installed with a forwarder channel. the games played fine. but after a few days it just didn't start anymore.

if it helps:
priiloader was installed and i have a nand backup.

does anyone know what might help?

Nicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i can power on the wii with the remote, but when holding the reset button i get no results.

i don't have a gc controller, but do have a dancemat(a cheap one). i tried the dancemat while standing on all pad controls while powering the wii on, also no results.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seeing you can turn on the power with the remote, the bluetooth module is likely fine.

when you tried the dancemat, was it connected to controller port 4? it needs to be for savemiifrii to work.

priiloader doesn't vanish for no reason. are you sure no one messed with the console? check the video connections and tv settings. if everything's fine, it could be several things, ranging from a hosed system menu (which is fixable, but only with an infectus and your backup), to dead hardware.

Nicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
techboy said:
seeing you can turn on the power with the remote, the bluetooth module is likely fine.

when you tried the dancemat, was it connected to controller port 4? it needs to be for savemiifrii to work.

priiloader doesn't vanish for no reason. are you sure no one messed with the console? check the video connections and tv settings. if everything's fine, it could be several things, ranging from a hosed system menu (which is fixable, but only with an infectus and your backup), to dead hardware.

I don't know for sure if someone messed with the wii.

The videocables and tv settings are fine. When i replace the defective wii for a working wii i get video and all.

I followed the link of pspmte, but i guess that's a bit out of my league. If there's someone in the netherlands who can do such a thing (paid ofcourse) i may try that.

I took apart the dancemat and soldered the pad controls onto a button. But when pressing the button while powering on the wii i get no results. I used port number 4.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nicap said:
I don't know for sure if someone messed with the wii.

The videocables and tv settings are fine. When i replace the defective wii for a working wii i get video and all.
That eliminates the TV and cables.

Nicap said:
I followed the link of pspmte, but i guess that's a bit out of my league. If there's someone in the netherlands who can do such a thing (paid ofcourse) i may try that.
That's the infectus method. I'm not sure about the netherlands, but there was member on here (DeadlyFoez) from the USA who did this.

QUOTE(Nicap @ Oct 17 2010, 05:58 AM)
I took apart the dancemat and soldered the pad controls onto a button. But when pressing the button while powering on the wii i get no results. I used port number 4.
It's a full brick. The method pspmte linked is your only shot at unbricking, assuming it's a software issue. If the hardware's dead, it won't do anything.

If I were you, I'd look into Nintendo repair. If they won't fix it, consider selling the brick on eBay for parts and buying another wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey