Anthraxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I've installed Backup Loader 0.3 Gamma, and my Wii is at v3.2E

I'm able to play my original NTSC copy of Brawl through the Backup Loader.

What else do I need to do to to play backups of NTSC-U or NTSC-J games on my PAL console? I've read the stickied guides, but all they seem to give a whole bunch of directions without explaining what each step does. Many of the steps don't seem to be applicable and I don't want to bloat my Wii with unnecessary crap.

Thanks in advance.

bebs

Trophies
XP
Country
Anthraxx said:

you resolved it yourself! NTSC brawl trough gamma with 3.2E. just force pal for other region games

Anthraxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bebs said:
Anthraxx said:

you resolved it yourself! NTSC brawl trough gamma with 3.2E. just force pal for other region games

Original copy. As in, a legitimate disc. All I've managed to do so far is play games from outside my region, not play backups.

Anthraxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, bebs clearly knows less than I do. I thought I'd need to do something else, but I tried running a backup (Tatsunoko vs Capcom) anyway. Big surprise, it failed. Said no cIOS found. So I ran Wiigator cIOS installer, then tried again. Backup Loader hangs, and the optical drive seeks like crazy non-stop. Ejecting the DVD returns me to the Backup Loader's main menu, apparently no harm done. So, what steps do I need to take from here to get backups working? To recap, so far I've:

Started with a Wii that'd only ever been up to 3.2E firmware.
Installed HBC.
Installed Backup Loader.
Run cIOS installer.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Anthraxx said:
Okay, bebs clearly knows less than I do. I thought I'd need to do something else, but I tried running a backup (Tatsunoko vs Capcom) anyway. Big surprise, it failed. Said no cIOS found. So I ran Wiigator cIOS installer, then tried again. Backup Loader hangs, and the optical drive seeks like crazy non-stop. Ejecting the DVD returns me to the Backup Loader's main menu, apparently no harm done. So, what steps do I need to take from here to get backups working? To recap, so far I've:

Started with a Wii that'd only ever been up to 3.2E firmware.
Installed HBC.
Installed Backup Loader.
Run cIOS installer.

you're all set and should be playing back-ups no problem, unless you got errors whilst installing the cios, or maybe it's a bad media issue, are you using dvd-r because dvd+r has issues and needs to have the book type changed and dvd -rw has some major issues and most people cant get them to work

Anthraxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, using a plain old DVD-R.

Are there any particular settings I need to pay attention to when burning the backup?

IIRC I burned the image at 4x. Can't really remember the other settings.

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
overrun protection off. as well

and you should be set to go
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users