Hacking Another backup idiot. This time with DRE 384!

LittLeLives

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been working through this the whole day. Downgraded my Wii from 3.3U and everything. Even had to walk to the local Wal-Mart and pick up some Sony DVD-R's (sorry they didn't have Verbatims) with my last $12. I've googled and looked through this forum for answers, but to no avail.

Disc: Sony DVD-R's
Disc Burner: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B updated to latest firmware.
Disc Burner Settings: Tried everything from 2x - 8x. Some I redid twice with verification. No dice.
Wii Firmware: 3.2U with new Mii Channel / IOS51 & Wii Shop
cIOS: I have multiple, but the one I'm trying with backuploader and SoftChip is IOS 249. Not exactly sure which version, whichever was the one that came with that Downgrader pack. I believe it was IOS16-64-v257-prod?
ISO: The only backup I'm concerned about working is Tatsunoko versus Capcom. Haven't done anything to it.

Also, if it makes a difference, I'm not using channel versions of the loaders. I prefer just loading it off HBC.

With BackupLauncher gamma it's giving me Disc Read Error 384, but manages to get the game's ID.
With SoftChip, it's giving me an "error opening partition", but also manages to get the game's ID and some other info.

I'm open to any ideas, but the last thing I want to do is buy more things. I have 25 Sony DVD-R's left. Gotta make the most of 'em.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Sorry if I'm lacking info, just tell me what you need to know.

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the Sony DVD-R's work great for me - l've got over 100 of them (no really 100 of them) burned and haven't had 1 problem. Other than a few games that just don't work with the backup loader. Heed moosh01's advice it sounds like you're close!

LittLeLives

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. No dice.
I did install cIOS36 rev7, though.
I was hesitant at first since the readme was incredibly ambiguous to the point I felt like it was talking about some other release.
It did identify itself as cIOS36 rev7 though when I actually booted it up. I then proceeded to Network install it.

I'm still getting the same errors and I'm tinkering with the settings here and there.
Oh and I forgot to mention I have Starfall with all the patches except for region-free GameCube/ video patch and the Wii Main Menu BGM remover.

Thanks though. If you want me to install cIOS36 rev7 any other way, just tell me.

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Is this a NTSC-U, JAP, or PAL wii.
Do all games give you the same error?
How many games are there that you've tried?
Do you still have the ISO for the game T.vsCapcom, if so what is the filesize?

I know this game works on NTSC-U Wii's ... I've got one.
Try the steps in this post: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1626082 on the game.

Though l did not have to do this to my copy of the game; others have had too.
You might wanna start another download of the game in the mean time - just incase it's the ISO. (it took me 2 times to find one that worked for me).

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might help if you are only having problems with Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.
cool.gif

Step 1. should be all you need, Gamma will do the rest.
kitt050383 said:
How to get Tatsunoko Vs Capcom working on USA Wii...

[1.] Patch the game w/ IOS Version Patcher v1.1 by: Waninkoko to use IOS 249
- If you don't do this down the road you will get some weird error... This fixes it...
-Not all people get the error!

[2.] BrickBlock it.... with: Wii Update Remover v1.0 by: Waninkoko (or if you prefer BrickBlocker)

[3.] Use WiiFrii v2.3b by: Waninkoko
- patch the iso to NTSC
- patch the iso to ENGLISH

[4.] Burn it... Play it... PayDirt.. It will Play via the Disc Channel if you have a modchip...

Make Sure you don't have any GamCube shit plugged in!!!!!!!!!! Or Game won't Fully Load!!!!
-= This problem seems only to be for me and 1 other person! =-

-Kitt050383

Software Mentioned Above Available @: http://wii.waninkoko.info/

LittLeLives

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using 3.2U, so yeah, NTSC-U.
This is the only game that I've tried, not gonna go big on backups.
I just recently found out that I could downgrade, and so I picked up some stuff while I'm still at 3.2U.
It'd be nice to have a working backup loader for when a game really decides to not work down the road.
Filesize is perfect at 4,699,979,776 bytes.

And yeah, I'll be doing the patches and such right now. I'll be doing 4x speed.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LittLeLives said:
I'm using 3.2U, so yeah, NTSC-U.
This is the only game that I've tried, not gonna go big on backups.
I just recently found out that I could downgrade, and so I picked up some stuff while I'm still at 3.2U.
It'd be nice to have a working backup loader for when a game really decides to not work down the road.
Filesize is perfect at 4,699,979,776 bytes.

And yeah, I'll be doing the patches and such right now. I'll be doing 4x speed.
I would recommend that you stay on 3.2U and use the shop channel and mii channel fixes.

LittLeLives

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, that's what I intended to do, and I already have the patches.

As for the cIOS, how would I go about making it a "good" install?

EDIT: IOSPatcher is giving me problems. I drag and drop the file onto the .exe, but it crashes everytime and increases the file size of my ISO.
Now I gotta wait even longer as I prepare another clean one.

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well l know you said you blew your last $12 bucks on the DVD's here's another thread l found about 384
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1572663

This guy says he bought some higher end DVD-Rs and it fixed the problem.
However like l said l'm using a lot of Sony DVDs (they are mainly white on the top) and haven't had any problems.

Here is another post that supports the claim that it's a problem with the DVDs: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1572663

You are using DVD-Rs and not DVD+R's right... l know stupid question. And are you using ImgBurn

LittLeLives

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Creamy white Sony DVD-R's and I'm using ImgBurn.
Yeah. It really does make my head turn when I consider every single factor into how this is messing up. :|

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

LittLeLives

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. Really do appreciate it.

I'll be heading off now. Extremely exhausted.
Hopefully something turns up in the morning, but thanks so far guys.

If not I'll go about patching TvC and making the cIOS "good".

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LittLeLives said:
Well yeah, that's what I intended to do, and I already have the patches.

As for the cIOS, how would I go about making it a "good" install?

EDIT: IOSPatcher is giving me problems. I drag and drop the file onto the .exe, but it crashes everytime and increases the file size of my ISO.
Now I gotta wait even longer as I prepare another clean one.

That's a command line tool, use it from there! If you still get the error, try to open the .iso with trucha signer and/or WiiScrubber. If this isn't possible too, your .iso is crap, backup again.

LittLeLives

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a necropost, but I think this followup will be helpful for anyone who is having problems with Gamma's DRE 384 or if Softchip is giving a "error opening partition".

I'm fairly confident that the problem is first and foremost the ISO.
I've uninstalled and re-installed cIOS rev7 but I was still receiving the same errors.
I have tried patching my previous ISOs, but most failed during the patching and the ones that did work still got me the same errors. If your ISO is failing to patch, I would take that as a sign of a bad ISO.

I have both a patched backup and an untouched, pristine backup of the same game. They both work 100% fine for me.
I also have them on two different brands of DVDs (Sony and HP) so I think brand is not a problem concerning DRE384/ partition opening errors.
Though, of course, you'd want the best you can get your hands on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol