Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Yet another method of running DS homebrew/roms on the 3DS. I wonder if the Games 'n' Music cart by Datel would work.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ninty has got some things to work on cuz that guy just launched Lameboy while loading the GBC ROM from the SD card. Not sure what mode its in as the game is for the DS but can load ROMs from the SD? Is Mr. Game and Watch a DSi Enhanced game?

EDIT: Game & Watch isn't DSi Enhanced which means he has to be loading the GBC ROM from whatever he inserted directly into the 3DS. SD permissions can't be accessed when in DS Mode.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It uses Game & Watch Collection, which AFAIK is what Action Replay DSi uses too, so it probably works as well. Nintendo must have missed it somehow.

But what cheat device is that, that can load ROMs?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
It uses Game & Watch Collection, which AFAIK is what Action Replay DSi uses too, so it probably works as well. Nintendo must have missed it somehow.

I think the device actually reads the DS cartridge's header and copies it. Game & Watch Collection is a coincidence I bet.

Found a joystiq article about it:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/27/3ds-seen...ed-up-ds-games/

I'm pretty sure the codefreak thing can only boot homebrew and demos. But I could be wrong, since no evidence was shown. I'm just basing it off the fact that he booted the Mario Kart demo (pretty sure that was a demo) and not the full game.

Also, I can't believe a damn NinjaPass works in the 3DS.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TehSkull said:
SifJar said:

I think the device actually reads the DS cartridge's header and copies it. Game & Watch Collection is a coincidence I bet.

I'm pretty sure the codefreak thing can only boot homebrew and demos. But I could be wrong, since no evidence was shown. I'm just basing it off the fact that he booted the Mario Kart demo (pretty sure that was a demo) and not the full game.

OK, I guess that all makes sense. Still strange that what seems to be essentially a PassMe type device works on the 3DS
tongue.gif

And was the NinjaPass definitely a legitimate video?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's from the same guy, so if one's fake, they're all fake (Internet Law #804).
Conversely, we could assume that if one is legit, they're all legit.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
TehSkull said:
SifJar said:

OK, I guess that all makes sense. Still strange that what seems to be essentially a PassMe type device works on the 3DS
tongue.gif

And was the NinjaPass definitely a legitimate video?

The NinjaPass one was probably just a legit cart with the NinjaPass logo glued over it. There's a nice bit of misdirection where you see the cart in the NinjaPass USB device. He takes it out from there, so you assume that it is a NinjaPass cart. But you never see him actually loading the ROM onto the cart. You're given the illusion of legitimacy without the actual proof of it. It's a common trick magicians use.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Very interesting... But does this have any advantages over the Cyclo DSi? Or anything similar to that?
Seemingly it works with any game, so it may be harder for Nintendo to block, seeing as it seems to legitimately boot the inserted game, then at some stage interrupt it and stick in its own code. May be harder to detect.

But its very bulky, and I don't know if it has a DLDI patch or not. It certainly won't load ROMs. Nor will it do DSi mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte