Anonymous: Set To Target Facebook, Xbox Live with #OpGlobalBlackout.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Cartmanuk, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Cartmanuk
    OP

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    “Anonymous Message to Congress.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LlaF2AoL-o&feature=player_embedded

The video, is phase one of #OpGlobalBlackout.
    They do recognize that MegaUpload contained copyrighted content, but say that the take down was not about copyrighted materials. Anonymous demands that MegaUpload be reinstated within 72 hours.
    Anonymous claims that they have gained access to the servers for the United Nations, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, US Bank, Capital One, Chase Bank, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. If their demands are not met, they will take down all of these servers.
    For the banks, Anonymous claims that they have the account info of every client at these banks. They want to reassure citizens, however, that they are not going to compromise their information. They only want to make a statement to Congress.
    As for Congress, they have a very special message – “To those who support PIPA and SOPA. To those congressmen who want to vote yes on these bills. We are not fucking playing.”
    This has essentially turned into a game of chicken between Anonymous and the U.S. Government with the Internet in the crossfire.

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Anon is bluffing, and Congress likely could not give less of a shit.

1 person likes this.
  3. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Anonymous just seems to hack through everything like butter.

1 person likes this.
  4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Oh lordy lordy lord.

Every single day.
    A-non-e-moose comes up with another "brilliant" operation that cause nothing more then annoyances.

Meh.
    If they take the servers down, PSN users enjoy your free games, XBL users enjoy your free content.

5. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Oh gawd do they even have enough participants to DDoS all of that?

They'd have to start recruiting zombies for the attacks

6. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    This was posted over 72 hours ago, they have already issued another video that basically is a kindergarten-esque sounding excuse as to why they haven't done it yet. See below.

[yt]v-qqEzF-Ec8[/yt]

7. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    This can be a scare tactic for all we know.

8. Cartmanuk
    OP

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    You’re probably aware that the DOJ delivered a blow on Thursday with its with its take down of megauplaod. Just hours later, government websites ranging from the DOJ to the U.S. Copyright Office were hacked as well as sites of SOPA supporting organizations.

When Thursday was all said and done, it ended up being the biggest coordinated attack in the history of Anonymous – more than a dozen major websites down and over 5,000 worldwide participants.

9. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    If they take down all of them, I will be so happy, it means that free PSN games and the whole internet going insane.
    This sounds like it will be fun :D

2 people like this.
  10. DrOctapu

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    I'm glad I post on 4chan with a name most of the time, otherwise I'd be embarrassed by these assclowns.
    And wow, that follow-up video.
    That's just fucking pathetic.

11. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Again, why attack thoses services ? It will only annoy the users... It's just like burning your neighboor's car to protest against something : yes, it's flashy, but the direct consequence is that your neighboor will have to work even more to buy a new car...

12. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    You. First off fuck you for being a tripfag/namefag, please never go back to 4chan.

Second off, this has nothing to do with 4chan. This looks like AnonOps.

13. Majorami

Banned Majorami Banned

United States
    Heep?

Heep Hop?

Heep Hop Anonomous?

14. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Maybe I don't frequent 4chan enough. What the hell though is the issue with using a name or a tripcode? It gives you a way to identify yourself as someone other than "that guy in a sea of those guys"

1 person likes this.
  15. DrOctapu

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    I'm an /a/non, tripcodes are generally accepted there, not that I'd ever use one. The only people that ever get pissy about that sort of thing are /b/tards and newfriends, so you're more than welcome to your false sense of superiority if that's who you choose to hang out with, because I won't be joining you. That said,
    >>>/gaia/
    >>>/mal/

Secondly, this is just some prepubescent /b/tard script kiddies pulling shit out of their ass, so yes, it's probably AnonOps. The likelihood of them having access to any of these servers is zero. The likelihood of them getting anything other than a few years in prison is zero. The likelihood of them being acknowledged by the government is zero. It's the same fucking people, too, using the same fucking tools that /b/ spawned back when it wasn't filled with people like yourself who love to bitch and moan about how the namefags are ruining everything and how "ANON R LEEJUHN HURRRRR." This is going to do nothing, even if they do manage to do it.

We're fucked, let's quit acting like we're not. ACTA's signed, so SOPA and PIPA aren't even going to matter in a few days, because we're already fucked. If they do this, we're even more fucked, because then the government equates 4chan with terrorism.

We're completely, utterly, fabulously, fucked.