Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
It's not easy being a member of my family.

You see, when I was born, one of the quickest things I realized was that I had "family curses"... A ridiculously-long account of hereditary flaws that, for one reason or another, make my life more miserable than my peers, just because I was unfortunate enough to be born into my loving family's gene pool.
These flaws range from inheriting my father's unfathomably-fragile vertebrae structure, or acquiring my dear mother's incessant urge to have the last word in any argument. Living life is sort of an adventurous journey for me, because I never know what kind of unfortunate genes will decide to pop up next.
rofl2.gif

One of the most daunting forces that I'm constantly at battle with is the dreaded...

Annual GEOflcl Sickliness Season. ::thunder clap::

It's definitely the icing on the cake of my family curses.
Y'see, every year, when the snow melts, and the birds come back from their annual migrations, and the trees blossom, and a lush splash of green color is fluidly painted across the dwindling winter canvas, and everything's right with the world...

...Something happens.

The flowers start a-bloomin',
and the pollen starts a-zoomin' (...punch me if I ever say something like that again...),
and KERPOW! Our beloved forum-goer is cursed with the burden of spring allergies.
Now, if these were the ordinary, mild reactions like sneezing and a bit of congestion here and there, I wouldn't be on GBAtemp ranting about em'...
I'd be outside! I'd be winning medals in Track, or seeing movies on Friday nights, or... SOMETHING productive or active. Why a little mucus ruin the frivolity of the Spring season? They have pills for that. Child's play.

But MY ailments... Ugh, where should I start?

Oh! Here we go... Wikipedia's description of a migraine:

QUOTE said:
Migraine is a neurological syndrome characterized by altered bodily perceptions, severe headaches, and nausea.

The typical migraine headache is unilateral (affecting one half of the head) and pulsating, lasting from 4 to 72 hours;[2] symptoms include nausea, vomiting, photophobia (increased sensitivity to light), and phonophobia (increased sensitivity to sound). Approximately one-third of people who suffer migraine headache perceive an aura—unusual visual, olfactory, or other sensory experiences that are a sign that the migraine will soon occur.

While I agree that in most cases, when one describes something in medical terms, it tends to sound more unpleasant than it actually is... MIGRAINES are a distinguished exception. Any amount of sophisticated medical description cannot begin to describe the sheer terror that one goes through during one of these hell rides. Sorry, Wikipedia, but your account is but an acute understatement.

That, coupled with the pressure, runniness, aching, and downright crappy feeling attributed to a sinus infection, combine to form a one-of-a-kind perfect storm of pure, unadulterated displeasure.
The pounding of the head... the sickening tunnel-vision upon standing... the feeling that you're in the middle of the complete adversity of an acid trip... Everything just sucks about it.

The WORST part is having someone tell me about how I did the most peculiar thing a little while ago, tell a completely outrageous story about how I was dropping spoons down the garbage disposal or something, and not remembering a smidgen of it. Yup, those times where I was so sick that I was nearly out of my mind. And the med's probably aren't helping the situation in that respect, either. Fun stuff, lemme tell ya.

Another problem with this time of year is the amount of school I miss. Last year, I slipped by with but one unused absence day left. If I was absent one more time, I would have failed, for crud's sake! That would've been weird, making the honor roll yet getting retained... Can that happen? I don't plan to find out.

Track season has been a complete failure these past few years. Though I used to excel in the sport, I might as well not even join the team anymore, since all this laying around hasn't exactly done wonders for my 400 meter-dash time (I'm doing worse this year than I had done in Jr. High
wacko.gif
).

I'm not trying to make it sound like I've got a cruddy life (Not when there's scrawny, diseased African kids out there), or crying for help ("Save me from the germs, Tempers!"), or anything of the sort. Just wanted to rant about something. And I could go on forever about this crap, really. (and heck, I may even amend this rant in the future) It's just that time of the year again, and typing this outrageously-long blog post (which rivals some of my peers' English reports) helps me get by.
rolleyes.gif

So for now, the only thing I can do is type away on GBAtemp, at 3 in the morning, on a CRT monitor, with the contrast all the way down to dim the light. Thanks for listening, Tempers!

(Oh, and by the way... Any "TL;DR"s will be met with automatic head asplosions)

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tl;dr
smileipb2.png
j/k

Hay fever (I prefer it as one word, even if it's two) is mostly just sneezing and itchy eyes. There was a time when it was mostly itchy eyes and not as much sneezing, but now it seems to be reversing, in that my eyes don't get as itchy all the time, but I sneeze more.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
ugh. The pollen here in springtime is so thick, it actually makes a visible yellow film all over my car.

That, and I am absolutely useless once the cottonwood trees start blooming.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
ugh. The pollen here in springtime is so thick, it actually makes a visible yellow film all over my car.

That, and I am absolutely useless once the cottonwood trees start blooming.

Gosh. I'm willing to bet they didn't have that in the house description.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Weird, I also have allergies, my nose bleeds, itchy eyes, sneezes and stuff like that is common for me in spring, but I still love it.
It may have to do with the fact that it kind of "lightens up" the polluted city I live in, my favourite season still is winter though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: