Annoying Guitar Hero strum click noise

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Brent72, Jan 13, 2010.

Jan 13, 2010
  1. Brent72
    OP

Newcomer Brent72 Member

United States
    I've had a Rock Band guitar, and now I also have a Guitar Hero guitar so I can play both types of games. My RB guitar is silent when I hit the strum thingy, but the GH guitar makes an annoying clicking sound when I strum. It sounds like there is a microswitch inside the guitar that is making the clicking sound. Has anyone tried taking the guitar apart and done anything to stop the clicking sound? Like swapping out the switch with a silent type? Just wondering if there is a how-to for this, or am I the only guy to complain about this??

2. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    You're the only guy. Easiest solution: turn the volume UP. If you can hear the clicking over the music then you aren't playing these games they way they were intended to be played. Even through crappy TV speakers the volume should easily drown out the clicking.

3. Vattu

Member Vattu GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    my guitars (les paul for gh3) are quite noicy too. just live with it. no, I haven't opened my up.

4. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    You can open it up and work with it if you really want to.

Check out [this] thread about the World Tour guitar and [this one] explaining how to remove the clickers from the Les Paul guitar.

5. ChaosEnergy

Member ChaosEnergy GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    does anyone know how to fix a band hero guitar
    my old ghwt guitar reacts soon on the strumbar, but the "head" is not that good
    poor the new guitar has another connector, so i cant change them
    but the strumbar from band hero is awfull..very noisy, and very poor in reaction..far ways and so on

6. skill1414

Newcomer skill1414 Member

Australia
    I prefer to have the clicky noise when strumming. It helps with my timing. Using the rockband guitar, it's really annoying having the fret keys so noisy and the strum bar silent.