Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.1 "OMEGA" PUBLIC RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumos

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Is it possible to play eShop and 3dsware Games I own (ambassador)?

I downloaded them again (in emunand 7.1), but they won't start.
I tried Zelda Minish Cap and 4 Swords Anniversary.

pokefan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to play eShop and 3dsware Games I own (ambassador)?

I downloaded them again (in emunand 7.1), but they won't start.
I tried Zelda Minish Cap and 4 Swords Anniversary.

you can't play 3dsware mate, only eshop roms. So just harmoknight and dual destinies.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
e-shop software with KeyY 7.X encryption and DS/DSi-ware (including ambassador GBA games) will not run currently. Gateway is yet to patch the DS/DSi emulator code to work on their hacked firmware, so it is only able to run on OFW at this time. KeyY 7.x titles are just not able to be decrypted for playback yet.

dumos

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I am sorry mate, I made a mistake. I suppose you should be able to play it. I don't see a reason why they woudn't work.

Neither do I. ;)
I have read that it has something to do with an incompatible encryption (4.5 sysnand enc. vs. 7.1 emunand enc.).
I was hoping that this is now resolved (with OMEGA 2.1). Now that roms are possible.

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Neither do I. ;)
I have read that it has something to do with an incompatible encryption (4.5 sysnand enc. vs. 7.1 emunand enc.).
I was hoping that this is now resolved (with OMEGA 2.1). Now that roms are possible.
That has nothing to do with it. The Gateway software blocks the internet capabilities of all games run from the Gateway card and always has. We never really were given a real explanation for it from Team Gateway though, only speculation from other users.

DeadPixelMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just something that came to mind, but now that signature checks have been removed from ROMs, we should be able to make translations of ROMs and boot them by editing the actual ROM data, instead of being forced to think of an OTF RAM-editing solution. It may not work though, but from what's been suggested, it's worth a try. Anyone want to edit some game data of a retail ROM and see if it boots on 2.1? You know it would be awesome.
You DO know what the I and the P in RIP stand for, right?

RIP In Peace must mean that it's REALLY REALLY DEAD! I mean dang rest in peace, in peace must me it's twelve feet deep!

ltylty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I was on 2.02b with emunand at GW3D 6.3. After installing 2.1, my gateway mode is GW3D 7.1.0-14U. Does the 2.1 installation retain my emunand and update it to 7.1.0-14U too? Do i just proceed with firmware update in gateway mode to 7.1.0-16U to access eshop or do i need to format emunand again?

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was hoping for a gbatemp link not the stupid google for other people shit and links to sites I never heard of. I already googled it before I posted and saw zero link to gbatemp. Thanks for nothing!
Nothing personal, but if the first link in google gives you an answer, you're just being lazy. Who cares if it's in gbatemp or not?

EDIT: requires raspberry pie. I'm 100% uninterested in that device.
How nice. Don't use it.

DeadPixelMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 2.02b with emunand at GW3D 6.3. After installing 2.1, my gateway mode is GW3D 7.1.0-14U. Does the 2.1 installation retain my emunand and update it to 7.1.0-14U too? Do i just proceed with firmware update in gateway mode to 7.1.0-16U to access eshop or do i need to format emunand again?

Update in gateway mode, formatting your emunand wont update it for you.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about the same as we were when we believed gateway = evo

/sarcasm off

If you can't afford a new 3ds and are too scared to use the update then don't risk it... but don't come to the forum to call people dumb or to not cooperate at all

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RIP In Peace must mean that it's REALLY REALLY DEAD! I mean dang rest in peace, in peace must me it's twelve feet deep!
Not sure if you quoted the wrong one of my posts, or just forgot that you wanted to reply to it after you saw the RIPIP. Either way, I still want to see someone try it by breaking a ROM's signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple