Gaming Anno:Create a new world- REVIEW! And oppions!

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hey guys,

I just finished this game yesterday and i would like to share my thoughts and do a little review about this game. Firstly i really think this game a very "unpopular" comparing to hypes about all other "famous" games.

But i think this game a little beauty of a game, this sequel of the first game " Anno 1701": Dawn of discovery" has a whole lot of improved features, it has been made better in all parts of the game.

I played the first one , and after about 1 hour of play , didnt like the rough graphics and the game just didnt seem to flow and seem fun!

But this one , as soon as i started i was latched on to it.

This games graphics have been improved a whole lot then the other one, all buildings are 3d and are very smooth and there is a lot of detail. This probably has 1 of the best graphics All the games there are out there in this RTS, Strategy class..The graphics a lovely and are really appealing to the viewer.

The sound of the game is a very catchy tune , and the tune very often changes , as you go to different parts of the map.

Most of the game is controlled through the stylus, which really suits this game. Everything works so smoothly. Another great thing i like about this game is the Learning CURVE , in the first mission the basics of Creating a new world are explained and tips are given by your companions through out the whole game, And you can choose how much tips you want FRom "High"- "MED"- "low"......

And how everything is explained is great, its all done in a humorous manner and this game makes even learning fun!

The main campaign would last you about 8-12 hours. There are 7 mission with each contains 4 to 7 parts. And then there is always the free mode which you can play forever!!!

This game has a lot of voice acting done very professionally and cut scenes, which enhance the experience a whole lot!.

The game its self is really really fun, i am not going to tell you any details because it would be too much to write. But basically its a "Create a city" and "DefenD" the city game and thats very very basic explanation.Because you can control from how much tax each resident pays to exporting and importing goods and soooooo much more!

This is a quote by a gaming review website-

"It’s been a while since I’ve last played a game such as Dawn of Discovery and unlike it’s earlier predecesor on the DS, Dawn of Discovery is a much more colorful and enjoyable experience, playing to the strengths of the DS rather than trying to do everything at once. Even the sprites are bigger (so you wouldn’t need to squint)."

I HOPE YOU ALL TRY THIS GAME AND EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A RTS/STRATEGY FAN.

Over all - this would be in my top ds games and i would give it a solid 8/10!

This was a Great ending game for me to put down my ds to rest now forever and sell it. As its time for me now to concentrate on other thing in life! (I hope i have the will to sell it !)
wacko.gif

Some links-

video
Little review and story line etc explained
Game feature and fact sheet

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I tried it. Really like it. Building towns is fun (I sucked at Simcity lol). Anno is a great franchise and I hope it gets more of the attention it deserves. Currently at chapter 2. Will there be any combat in this game? Cos I always get attacked by the corsairs! LOL

yaynds.gif

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
i.Domination said:
I tried it. Really like it. Building towns is fun (I sucked at Simcity lol). Anno is a great franchise and I hope it gets more of the attention it deserves. Currently at chapter 2. Will there be any combat in this game? Cos I always get attacked by the corsairs! LOL

yaynds.gif

Ya man around chapter 4 you will start getting combat and chapter 7 is heavely loaded with combat, its a lot of fun!-

Tip for ya-

Save some treasure maps for ending mission, ie dont buy all the treasure maps from the shop, as towards the end you need a lot of dates and dresses etc for you people and others, so treasure maps get u that easily or else it would take ages and cost sooo much..

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
2 People? thats it? thats all that love this game gets? well im proud to say im joining this exclusive club haha i love anno been playing a darn lot currently mid-chapter 6 they've improved everything i had issue with on the first and the more savefiles is a HUGE plus!

opinion? improved on the original in all the right places. battle is easier altho battle isnt and has never been the main focus of this game but yeah its cool i love it altho id love to be able to play this with/against people online...

dark-koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm stuck at chapter 2 i think.. I need to find a boat and there is a X on the map, but when i go there, i cant find anything !

I've looked everywhere with my boat, nothing i could find.

Help

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
dark-koopa said:
I'm stuck at chapter 2 i think.. I need to find a boat and there is a X on the map, but when i go there, i cant find anything !

Help

LOL this is a review thread, not a game help thread you should ask in the NDS- Game help section.

And sometimes I can't find it too. But I just scroll the screen randomly around and sometimes I will find it then sail my ship over.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
dark-koopa said:

Help

I dont remeber the mission where you need to find a boat? I do however remeber a part where you have to find the sunken cargo and the X you refer to must be the "treasure" from a sunken ship

Anyway it'll be one of these 2 things:

1)Build a exploration ship and use the large map to guide your boat to the X when your near zoom in and manually guide your boat over the X it should give you a message asking if you want to pick up the treasure. do so and take it back to your dock.

2)Build a exploration ship and look on the large map (if you havnt uncovered the whole map. do so) there might be a ship floating around with slightly green sails these are helper ships you need to guide your exploration ship near to theres to intiate contact and they will ask you for a tribute of some sort or ask you to complete a task and then join you.

Hope i helped

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
dark-koopa said:

Help

Hahahah, lol, i got stuck there for 2 hours too!!!! omg,..

I thought its a bad rom of something, but then i figured out how it works...

ok-

You take the boat near the "X" on the map, but when you are about to reach the "x" you have to change your zoom level to the lowest, not the zoomed in one as you are unable to see the "X" then, and even with the lowest zoom you have to sometimes circle around the "X" a little to find it, AFTER all its TREASURE so its supposed to be hard to find , lol!./

Try that and it will work!

And yes i also think this game should have WIFI!, i would love that!

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Terenigma said:
dark-koopa said:

Help

I dont remeber the mission where you need to find a boat? I do however remeber a part where you have to find the sunken cargo and the X you refer to must be the "treasure" from a sunken ship

Anyway it'll be one of these 2 things:

1)Build a exploration ship and use the large map to guide your boat to the X when your near zoom in and manually guide your boat over the X it should give you a message asking if you want to pick up the treasure. do so and take it back to your dock.

2)Build a exploration ship and look on the large map (if you havnt uncovered the whole map. do so) there might be a ship floating around with slightly green sails these are helper ships you need to guide your exploration ship near to theres to intiate contact and they will ask you for a tribute of some sort or ask you to complete a task and then join you.

Hope i helped

You can zoom in but the main thing is that when you are about to reach the "X" your zoom must be lowest...not zoomed in , and if you want when you can see the "X" then you can zoom in..
lecture.gif
tongue.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the searching for treasure part. It's annoying.

Beyond that, it's well-made, but Anno is always basically the same game. If you really loved the first game and want more of it, you should play this. If you never played the first game and like city-building games, you should play this.

But otherwise, if you've played the first game you've basically played this game.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Ruri said:
I don't like the searching for treasure part. It's annoying.

Beyond that, it's well-made, but Anno is always basically the same game. If you really loved the first game and want more of it, you should play this. If you never played the first game and like city-building games, you should play this.

But otherwise, if you've played the first game you've basically played this game.

I know what you are trying to say, but to make it clear....

I don't think it works like that , or else you can say that with any series game, like Halo, Counter Strike and many others...

This game has a lot of new features and almost a completley new design..
And if you try to take treasure searching properly , its actually quite and will get you a lot of goods!~

Tip- Cheaper treasure maps have better treasure!

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I just start the game, it's fun
smile.gif
The graphics is nice, the voice actor is good. I hope this game can help me relieve my stress.

Kamakazie

Trophies
Website
www.kamakazie.net
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
You posted a video of the wii version
Video contains footage from both versions.

I've been playing this on PC for a couple of weeks now and I freaking love it... so much so that I went out and bought the DS version as well. I am a little disappointed with the lack of certain complexities that are present in the PC version, namely the simplified resource gathering due to the lack of trade routes, but its still fun as hell and very engaging.

Sondar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm up to Chapter 5 - and it's alot of fun. WAY better than the original which was pretty damn good.

Does the combat come in soon after Chapter 5? I'm sick of my ships getting sunk by pirates, lol.

SilentSinr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
1. Wrong section (we have a reviews section)
2. You posted a video of the wii version

ahaha yea i was watching and was amazed at how great it looked and everything (i thought the camera was zoomed in on one of the screens)
IMO the wii version seems like much more fun to me....probably because on the ds version the camera is just too far zoomed out for me.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, man. My reaction to the first one was about the same. I gave it about an hour, and though I thought it was okay, it didn't really keep my attention. I look forward to trying this one, though. I wasn't aware it had dumped, though.
unsure.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing this on the PC and I love it. I've considered getting the DS version also, but I'm concerned it'll be a dumbed down version just like the Civ game for the DS was when you compare it to the PC counterpart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1