Anno 1701

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Retal, Jul 7, 2007.

Jul 7, 2007

Anno 1701 by Retal at 7:12 PM (914 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Retal
    OP

Member Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    How do you send your troops to one of your warehouses on another island? This is a mandatory task for mission 5. I can load them onto a warship, but I can't dock anywhere to unload them. What am I missing here?

2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you need to land at a dock or build a beach head, click on the ship screen and click on the picture of the green icon you will lose your ship and it will turn into a beach head so your troops can land.

3. Retal
    OP

United Kingdom
    Creating a beach head is synonymous with attacking that land, and you can't attack your own land so you can't create a beach head to land on your own land!

4. dbgtdob

United States
    ops sorry, why dont you just build a barracks then? if you own the island just build a barracks and it will make soldiers.

btw if you have a M3 simply or R4.

download this file.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/41110301/usrcheat.dat

my urcheat file with infinite gold..

5. Retal
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks, but I don't need to cheat, I just need to deploy soldiers. I could build another barracks, but that would increase maintenance costs and further to that, the mission requires you to deploy on an allied island also.

EDIT: Also, I've managed to amass 220K gold and have over 2100 Aristocrats with a balance of 2500 on normal difficulty, so I can't forsee having any difficulty playing this game, besides the fact that I am against all forms of cheating~

6. dbgtdob

United States
    i was just playing and i noticed it was automatic, i built a ship and i had zero troops i came back and the number was going up, i then click on my ship and it now had a picture of crossed swords and i could now move my troops when i was next to my dock or a fort thing.

7. Retal
    OP

United Kingdom
    Awesome, I guess I'll try building some fort thingeys, since my crossed swords icon is always dimmed out.

Also, here's a copy of my savegame for R4 if you want it.

8. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Build a shipyard if you own the island, then you can unload your guys. Also, you say you got tons of money, yet you're scared of the maintenance costs for one lousy barracks? I build barracks on every island I own, and in the later stages of the game/infinite mode, it will become mandatory.

9. Retal
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I did just need to build a shipyard. And yes I was rich as fuck. But my vigilance tells me that I want to be honing my technique even more for when it gets harder to manage cash in later missions, so I was trying to figure out what the minimum you can get away with is.