OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raise your hand if you watch!
*Raises hand*

Alright. i surprised that a thread about anime hasn't been created yet (or alive because after 7 pages of search its not there). If i were to list the amount of anime i've watched, i would assure you, your eyes would explode and your brain would melt wondering how and why i have watched so much. If you need something about anime, i'll be sure to find it
biggrin.gif

So discuss. and i don't want any of those "ZOMFG ANIME IS FROM NIPLAND, I HATE SQUEELY VOICES AND CRAPPY KIDS SHOWS. THEY LACK PLOT AND THE ART SUCKS!!~!@!~@!~!ONEONEON!~!#~!~@~@~@ICANTYPEINALLCAPS"

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So discuss. and i don't want any of those "ZOMFG ANIME IS FROM NIPLAND, I HATE SQUEELY VOICES AND CRAPPY KIDS SHOWS. THEY LACK PLOT AND THE ART SUCKS!!~!@!~@!~!ONEONEON!~!#~!~@~@~@ICANTYPEINALLCAPS"

One thing. Don't watch dubbed anime.
Dubbed anime lack many things...
biggrin.gif

DUB and compare to SUB/Original
------------------------------
Bleach
Rurouni Kenshin (Actually, I think RK is OK in the dubbed version.)
Yu-Gi-Oh
Yu-Gi-Oh GX

Can't think of any others right now...?

~Nero

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing. Don't watch dubbed anime. Dubbed anime lack many things...Â
biggrin.gif
A lot of dubs are bad but it's worth giving them a chance, some of them will surprise you. And it's nice to actually watch the animation for once rather that having your eyes stuck at the bottom of the screen, if it's a detailed animation you'd be amazed how much you miss. I'm currently watching Death Note on Adult Swim's website and none of the voices have pissed me off so far
smile.gif
It's not as good as the books but nothing ever is. I went off of anime because I got sick of seeing the same worn-out themes recycled over and over, so it's awesome when something a little different comes along.

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*cough* *points to name*

I watch a ton of anime. I love it. I mostly watch sub,s, because I try and keep up with the current seasons (even though I haven't watched Bacanno! yet.... >_>).

Speaking of the current anime, there doesn't seem to be anything good coming out this coming season. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 2looks alright (if season 1 ever gets finished), and the now ARIA will probably be good, but that's it, it seems. Man these last seasons had such good shows, like GL, Dennou Coil, Moyashimon, Genshiken 2, and Kaiji.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't have a wall of manga and anime for nothing. Neither do I have over 1TB of it for nothing. >_>

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I watched animu before it was popular. Then everyone started to watch animu so i stopped. End of the story. Or maybe i just watched every good series. Who knows.

Bourbanog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently finished the Death Note manga...

I've watched pretty much all of Naruto (SUUUUBBED) (No fillers though =D) and a few of Bleach and some others.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*cough* *points to name*

I watch a ton of anime. I love it. I mostly watch sub,s, because I try and keep up with the current seasons (even though I haven't watched Bacanno! yet.... >_>).

Speaking of the current anime, there doesn't seem to be anything good coming out this coming season. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 2looks alright (if season 1 ever gets finished), and the now ARIA will probably be good, but that's it, it seems. Man these last seasons had such good shows, like GL, Dennou Coil, Moyashimon, Genshiken 2, and Kaiji.
Yea the upcoming season is looking pretty bland. SZS2 is the only one I'm interested in, but I'm getting kind of bored with the first season already. Fall season didn't offer much for me either other than Clannad and Minami-ke. Spring and Summer was a pretty epic lineup for me since I love the mecha genre.

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yea the upcoming season is looking pretty bland. SZS2 is the only one I'm interested in, but I'm getting kind of bored with the first season already. Fall season didn't offer much for me either other than Clannad and Minami-ke. Spring and Summer was a pretty epic lineup for me since I love the mecha genre.
Well, that's how it usually goes around this time. Wasn't much of interest in January last year, either, iirc. Which is good, as it gives me time to work through my backlog. I always end up dling more than I watch. >_>

QUOTEI am surprised not many have seen the anime "Monster"
Tats such a good anime

The mainstream weeaboos who live off of adult swim? Yeah, not many have seen it. A sizable amount of internet anime fans have seen Monster (or at least have heard of it), though. It's an excellent series.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've watched so much anime and read so much manga it's not funny. Though I'll list some of my top favourite Anime. Not in any particular order (except the first one) By the way, I only watch subbed anime.

Kero Kero Chime. Best anime ever. (Not to be confused with Keroro Gunsou)
Hoshi no Kaabii (Kirby of the Stars) 4kids absolutely destroyed this awesome show. The original version is basically an entirely different show. Don't judge Kirby by the dubbed.

Doraemon
Mahoujin Guru Guru
Ichigo Mashimaro
Bottle fairy
Cromartie High School
Otogi Juushi Akazukin
Sensei no Ojikan
Sketchbook~ full colours
Binchou-tan
Bomberman Jetterz
Animal Yokocho
Kogepan
Goldfish Warning

And those are just my favourites! I've watched tons more than this.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree that most dubs are absolute rubbish and subs are the way to go, but some arn't so bad, like most of the Ghibli film's dubs are ok. The only dubbed anime I've watched fully is FLCL since on some parts I could not read fast enough at all to catch what was being said..

Favorite anime- Kanon or Air (which I consider to be a sort of lite sized Kanon, although the ending is much sadder in Air
frown.gif
)

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
finished watching a recent anime called "Buccano" the other day - it's very good twisty cowboy bebop style but set in 1930s america. fansubs are very good quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night