Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Be warned, spoilers EVERYWHERE.

So after you watch enough anime series, you start to get the hang of what's supposed to happen, when. After watching a few more, you can sometimes guess who a hidden character is, based on their motives because... "oh wait, didn't this happen in (other series here)?"

chart.gif

List your own!

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately an lot of anime and manga series copy off others
closedeyes.gif

It's really annoying, 'cos you know what's coming, but there are some where what happens you didn't expect.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Not quite fitting since it's a game and an anime, but Final Fantasy XIII's plot is oddly similar on a lot of things with Ergo Proxy.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could say that Paprika is a copy of Paranoia agent because of their similarities, but they are created by the same person (RIP Satoshi Kon), but then why not drag in serial experiments lain too ;p

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nausicaa - Mononoke Hime
Mononoke Hime - Miyori no Mori
Evangelion - Rah Xephon

That's the 3 most flagrant anime I remember for the moment.
(underlined are my preferred version of both)

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A lot of anime have more or less the same basic plotlines. It's the execution that really matters. BTW, IMHO Yuu Yuu Hakusho pwns Bleach any day of the week, lolz!!!

hakusa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
But sometimes we can't really blame them for being similar. Take for instance Writer A thought up of a story but never published it, only to see Writer B come up with the same thing but instead, he published it unlike Writer A. So when the latter does decide to publish it, people are throwing things at him, saying that he copied Writer B's work...
Well, just something I thought up long ago when I dreamt of becoming a mangaka, haha.

Twiffles said:
If you know. You understand.
Rie Kugimiya? Sorry, but I don't understand. :\

hakusa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Twiffles said:
You don't understand, because you don't know.
6Dtlg.jpg
Ah. I do know, it's just that with the way you phrased it, and in this topic at that, the first impression I got was that she was involved in some plagiarism/copying issue, which I doubted.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem is that new ideads are getting rarer and rarer...

Someone thought that a series with gilrs using bare clothes fight evil would score. It did. and many others copied it.

There were once an anime that threw 5 iron armored young warriors fighting enemies based upon a mythology. After this one, lots more were created, "hitchhiking" the first's success.

Then, to scape from this "curse", another anime were made, just this time the warriors did not wear armors, they used normal clothes and the main character is kinda of a badguy. After this one, lots were also made.
And so on...

From time to time a new challenger appears, showing a different story (or at least a different point of view), but Japanese folks (and also american ones) tend not to like new ideas, if it's not from a famous person.

A boy with magical powers at a school? Done! Is it a success? Yep. Is it good? Oh yeah. Is is still going one? For sure.
A boy without magical powers at a school with magical powers? Done! Was it a success? So-so. Was it good? Oh yeah. Is it still going on? Unfortunately, no.

The same happens with movies, songs...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse