Gaming anime media player aside from vlc and zoom?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
What's a best media player for anime aside from VLC and Zoom Player (that came from CCCP)?

I cant watch my favorite on VLC as it's in MKV and it's a DVD release. I can play it on Zoom Player but tevolume is fucking low. VLC is also an obselete one according to the fansubber who subbed my currently watching anime. Thanks

im using a laptop and getting the speaker is a hustle. I love VLC as I can hear the volume at 200% and I can do screen shot. I heard a media player but I cant search for it as it says it's beed discontinued.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
What's a best media player for anime aside from VLC and Zoom Player (that came from CCCP)?

I cant watch my favorite on VLC as it's in MKV and it's a DVD release. I can play it on Zoom Player but tevolume is fucking low. VLC is also an obselete one according to the fansubber who subbed my currently watching anime. Thanks

im using a laptop and getting the speaker is a hustle. I love VLC as I can hear the volume at 200% and I can do screen shot. I heard a media player but I cant search for it as it says it's beed discontinued.

look up K-lite codec pack. comes stock with Media player classic - home cinema. been following it for about 2 years now. changed from CCCP and havent looked back.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
+1 for Media Player Classic HC. I use it as my main media player. It's also able to play most common media files with additional codecs, and also display subs properly. For more obscure files I either find a codec so that MPC-HC can play it, or try VLC.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
MPC? I think CCCP has it. Let me check it out. If not, I'll search for its HC version. Never bothered by MPC because of.. media player. It's media player!! I'll still search the entire fan subbing community for alternatatives that can offer 200% volome and able to screen shot

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you're looking to boost the volume you could also try getting ac3filter. It's a filter that wll handle your audio files. Has an option to increase the gain on audio.

Won't work with VLC as it uses its own built in codecs, but should work with zoom player, or even MPC-HC (once you disable the internal codec for the audio in MPC).

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
thanks for the tips. Im downloading MPC-HC and AC3FILTER and I should be able to work on them on my own. besides, im a fast learner.

I'll test these two programs and see if I can have a new media player for my anime. I dont usually watch h264 anime but im forced to this DVD release.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VLC is also an obselete one according to the fansubber who subbed my currently watching anime. Thanks

don't listen to people who smoke bad cronic and haven't gotten laid in... ever, oh and don't know their shit mind you.

VLC is amazing. it takes EVERYTHING I throw at it. something that Windows media (without help) zoom player, aviudmux video converter, and others have trouble with.

btw... what anime is this exactly?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
[B-G_&_m.3.3.w]_Nogizaka_Haruka_no_Himitsu.DVD(H.264_DD2.0).

Im watching episode 1 as it's the one finnished. currently downloading the rest of the episodes and opening/ending. I have the TV rip in AVI and I want to see if there are uncensored things like the changing of clothes in the opening and the kiss scene at the end of the season

VLC wont play it so Im using CCCP which has low volume. Thanks to Edhel and the suggestion of AC3FILTER, I can use my ZOOM Player.

I'll try MPC:HC sometime in the future as the AC3FILTER is taking effect on ZOOM PLAYER

Again, Im looking for avi released anime and I hate h264 as they take so much space. Plus the ones on the h264 release are in HD which my laptop cant handle. Currently downloading Futatsu no Spica Live action

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For x264 movies i.e. mkvs, you want to enable dxva in Media Player Classic - HC if your video card supports it. I personally use MPC-HC and ffdshow.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
same with topic for looking for media players, are there any media aside from VLC to screenshot some scenes in a video?

I'll install MPC;HC in a bit and see what can I do with that program. Can MPC:HC have screenshots like VLC? I hope I dont like the GUI of MPC:HC as I hate the MPC soooo much. I hope I can see some GUI improvements.

edit: oh, i can use ALT-I in MPC:HC. it'll take time to get used to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse