Anime-inspired VR RPG 'Ruinsmagus' launches next week

ruinsmagus.jpg

Developer CharacterBank has revealed the launch date for its VR fantasy RPG game Ruinsmagus. Starting next week, owners of the Meta Quest 2 and Steam VR headsets will be able to embark on new adventure while wielding magical arts as a novice member of the Ruinsmagus Guild.

In RUINSMAGUS, you’ll take on the role of a novice in the magical arts who’s sent to investigate the abandoned ruins below the prosperous town of Grand Amnis. The town’s wealth depends largely on artifacts hidden deep within the ruins, protected by powerful Guardians. Faced with a daunting challenge, you must answer the question that haunts each and every one of your fellow citizens: What mysteries lurk beneath the gilded streets of Grand Amnis?

As a member of the renowned RUINSMAGUS Guild, your goal is to help strengthen it with magic, resources, and wisdom as you fulfill more than 25 unique, story-driven quests. Face off against guardians tasked with protecting the ruins from intruders – and solve deadly puzzles to advance the story. When you've successfully completed a quest, head to the surface to acquire new items and upgrade your equipment in town – if you want to live another day, that is!

Key features of Ruinsmagus include:
  • Explore and fight: Cast and blink your way through a stunning VR fantasy world.
  • Make your mark: More than 25 story-driven quests to challenge your skills.
  • Feel the power: Unleash 16 types of magic from the palm of your hand.
  • Defend yourself: Raise your shield with your non-casting hand to block enemy attacks.
  • Jack in: Immersive VR mechanics that bring your character to life.
Ruinsmagus will be released on the Meta Quest Store for Quest 2 headsets and Windows PC via Steam VR next Thursday, July 7, for $34.99.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a meta quest 2 a couple weeks ago. It took me less than an hour to learn how to play pirated games, download the ones I wanted, install and update them. I knew it would prolly look kinda cool, but im now convinced that VR is here to stay. it is fucking dope playing games that were made to play in VR. Cant wait until there are a lot more games for it.

VR_Nima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely going to buy it on SteamVR for maximum forwards compatibility and so I can play it with top-of-the-line graphics on HP Reverb G2 and Wireless Vive Pro 2.

Starborn910

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i've seen enough isekai to know where this is going. only having 25 quests and 16 spells makes it seem more like a proof of concept, rather than a polished mmo ready for launch, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1