Animated gif question

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by Harsky, Jul 31, 2008.

Jul 31, 2008

Animated gif question by Harsky at 6:23 PM (1,023 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    At the moment, I am using Virtualdub to cut out a section of a show and then used the file > save image sequence. Then I imported it into Imageready to turn it into an animated gif sequence. But even after resizing it to something smaller it still comes out at a bigger file size. Is there an option where instead of having every single frame, it can delete every other frame to save a little file space?

2. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    You'll have to manually cut out the frames in imageready. Like cutting out every 2, if it's still not enough then repeat and so on.

I suggest converting it directly to a gif first with presettings (like with a program as super as it's free and is able to convert to gif)
    and then polish it with imageready. Cropping, cutting frames (won't be as many frames as when saving it raw 'save image sequence' depending on the settings you used,
    so it won't be as much work).

3. DoubleD45

Newcomer DoubleD45 Advanced Member

United States
    I made these using a program called Animagic:

* [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can download it here

*Even though i made the moving .gif, The abe kirby sprite was made by Arxryl of oddworldforums.com

Its a great program, and easy to use, It might help you with your problam

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I've used Microsoft GIF Animator for quickly deleting every other frame to cut the animation's size in half. It's not the easiest or most powerful GIF editor, but it does what I need it to do.

5. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I use a program called Animation Shop 3. It came with an old version of Paint Shop Pro......7 I believe. I made my sig and avatar with it.

6. Bishang

Member Bishang GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Imageready is great for animation, but it's a bit more complicated than Animation Shop. If you have Photoshop CS3 Extended, you can do animation directly into that program since Imageready isn't provided.

7. SonicFan49

Newcomer SonicFan49 Member

United States
    Yeah. I had to go thru such a long amount of time to make mah animated GIF smoothly running with no frame skips.