Hacking Animal Crossing Wild World

pokeparadox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically and age ago I bought ACWW imported, a USA copy.
On my NDS I play it currently on my M3 DS Simply
I also have an M3 Perfect.

What I'm wanting to do is transfer my save back onto the actual NDS cart. so that I can import the save onto the Wii AC.

That's the situation... here's the problem.
Every time I transfer the save back to the cart, and start ACWW up... it asks me if I want to start a new game. I've tried eepinator, RAC... etc.

So does anyone know a sure fire way of doing this?

and as a side note, the game on my M3 Simply is the E region. I did originally transfer the save FROM the actual (U)cart... and it works
Is there a region flag that needs changing?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have an EZ Flash 3-in-1, you can use NDS Backup 3-in-1. I do it all the time to move my AC:WW SAV from my CycloDS to my retail cart. The only other problem may be that SAV file size used by your M3. CycloDS uses 512byte RAW. If the M3 uses something different, you may want to convert it to RAW using the Shunyweb converter.

pokeparadox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used the web converter.
RAC identifies the save data and "restores" it, but it always asks me to start a new game when I power on the DS card... :S
Could it be a save region issue?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Quite possibly, best way to test that out would be to make/obtain a copy of the USA version of the game on your M3 and try to get it running there with the EU savefile. The EU savefile is bound to have some differences, the setting for language being an obvious one.

As a side note, most savefiles start with the header stating what game they're from, (visible by opening the savefile with a Hex Editor). I have no clue if it'll work, but making a copy of the EU savefile and replacing the start with the USA header might be worth a try. It's still doubtful it'll work though, having no idea exactly how far the differences between the two region versions goes.

pokeparadox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I had it working the other way around! (migrating the USA save to an EU one in the first place.)

If all esle fails, I'm going to have to hack a save to be as close to my original save as possible... I guess.

pokeparadox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note to say I have fixed this. It turns out I needed a USA region Wii game to import the save from the USA NDS game. It didn't care the region of the save on the NDS only of the cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte