Gaming Animal Crossing Wild World Question

updowners

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna play Animal Crossing but I live in Australia, so in the game when it's winter, it's actually summer here in Aus.
Is there any way to change it?

Last edited by updowners,

updowners

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
There is, when you start playing, when you want to choose who should wake up, choose the phone, and adjust the time

I mean that I live in the southern hemisphere so when its autumn in USA its spring here. Is there any way to change it it so its opposite without changing the date?

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
um.. your internal DS clock (without the flash cart) is the time given to you when you start AC:WW, so...
wait. your clock changes automatically? it detects that you're in aus? or is it that the climate bothers you?....
whuts your time zone

updowners

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPikachu said:
um.. your internal DS clock (without the flash cart) is the time given to you when you start AC:WW, so...
wait. your clock changes automatically? it detects that you're in aus? or is it that the climate bothers you?....
whuts your time zone

Time Zone: GMT 10+
It's the climate that's bothering me because when it's winter in the game it's summer here in Australia.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can get ACWW to make it summer in January and winter in July. Certain items are only available during certain months and also depend on the weather. For example, the dung beetle is only available from November through February and pushes snowballs around (like real dung beetles push balls of dung around). So I doubt you're going to make it summer in December (unless they decide to make a new version specifically for the southern hemisphere).

But you can adjust the time so that it thinks it January when it's really July.

Silly Aussies, why would you want to have summer in January, anyway? Don't you know summer isn't supposed to be in January?

-Bri

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
updowners said:
Raestloz said:
There is, when you start playing, when you want to choose who should wake up, choose the phone, and adjust the time

I mean that I live in the southern hemisphere so when its autumn in USA its spring here. Is there any way to change it it so its opposite without changing the date?
There is NO way to change the season without changing the time, there's a reason why the ROM is designated (U) by the way.

You asked if there's a way to change autumn to winter, there is, change the time

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't done too much, start on the AU rom. Or live with reversed seasons
frown.gif

polle123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I gues it's possible with a code, but you'd have to manually turn the code on/off during winter/summer
so practiclly only possible when u are using a rom or when u have an AR

Wok247

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The guys from Nintedo screwd it again,
You can change the time on the clock in your bedroom.
To remove the weeds you can use animalmap this works to for people that lived in your city.

Hope this work only problem : Holidays are at the wrong time example cristmas in the winter (For you that used to be summer.)

Greetz Wok247

What did you say Bri, they use u.s seasons! Ohh my god why the guys from nitendo didn't think about this!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wok247 said:
What did you say Bri, they use u.s seasons! Ohh my god why the guys from nitendo didn't think about this!

According to this review, the Australian version uses U.S. seasons (I haven't tried it myself since in the U.S. our seasons come when they're supposed to). http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=3597

QUOTE said:
Outside of the Animal Crossing events are the game's seasons. Although these are, unfortunately, done to correspond with the American seasons, it is great to have an ever-changing climate in the world you live in.

According to a post in another forum, the Australian version of "Animal Crossing: City Folk" for the Wii also uses U.S./European seasons. http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32700/t127...ecific-seasons/

There are no region specific seasons, sadly. I have an Australian buddy, and it's definitely in winter in his game. Snow and all. I guess it kind of makes sense, since Australia got lumped in with Europe (region 4) for all the "area specific" holidays, and Europe is in the northern hemisphere, while Australia is in the south.

I heard that your toilets also flush the wrong direction in Australia! You'd think you Aussies could have at least gotten THAT right!

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet