Animal Crossing: Wild World, Moving Van (DS Mode)

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by KeeYN, Jun 16, 2014.

1. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Hi all.
    Recently I have started playing the Animal Crossing games again, and wanted to start playing "Let's Go to the City" on my Wii. Though what I would like to do is move in from my DS game. I own an Australian Copy of Wild World and an Australian copy of Let's Go to the City, an original Wii and a Wii U, but only a 3DS, all from Australia.
    I started LGttC on my Wii U and chose move from DS, and then inserted my game, started the console, went into download play on 2DS, et cetera.
    When I start the Moving Van application in Download Play: It downloads, it loads, and then it proceeds to tell me that I have inserted the wrong cartridge. I am assuming that Download play on 3DS, at least in DS Mode, doesn't get connected to the cartridge slot. If this is the case I would like to know if there is any way I can get this working, or if I will need to somehow get my hands on an original DS/Lite.
    Thank you, R M.

2. Friendsxix

Friendsxix Introspective Potato

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Best Hemisphere
    This is actually a bug in the game, read more here.
    Basically, the Australian Wild World was merely the American ROM, while the Australian Let's Go to the City/City Folk was the European release. As a result, the Wii game rejects the DS cartridge. I'd try contacting Nintendo to resolve it, as suggested in the link. :sad:

EDIT: Or you could pirate the American release of City Folk. ;)

3. KeeYN
    OP

KeeYN Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Thanks for the reply! It's a shame that Nintendo would do something so seemingly careless; I'll contact them about this.Thank you, again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice