Animal Crossing Wii at E3 am Confirmed

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by XeonZ, Jul 9, 2008.

1. XeonZ
    OP

XeonZ GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2006
    United States
    Stato del sole
  2. kuyamiko

kuyamiko Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2007
    United States
    Orlando
    cant wait to see what it looks like
    hope they do implement play between the ds and wii

3. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Definitely my most anticipated game for Wii. I know it might sound strange, but I got two games when I originally got my DS two years ago -- Metroid Prime Hunters and ACWW. I barely touched MPH -- it bored me while initially killing my hands. ACWW, I couldn't put down. Simple fun that lets you escape from reality, and I really need that from time to time.

That said, I hope Nintendo doesn't drop the ball with this game. Brawl's online was a total letdown, and Mario Kart Wii's motion controls also were a total letdown. Nintendo seems to be resting on their laurels, wallowing in the success of the Wii but not delivering on content. I hope AC Wii is allowed to rise above their corporate indifference to their customers.

4. Neko

Neko Been a while.

Dec 5, 2006
    Gambia, The
    #gbatemp.net
    I had much fun with the GC version , even made new friends online because of the trading system.
    Then the DS one came , I was happy at first but it was really dissapointing. It was nothing new. Same Characters , same items and it was even harder to get cool items. I hope that the Wii one is completely new and doesn't has the same damn objects than the GC or DS one. [​IMG]

5. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    Mario Kart Wii motion controls were a "total letdown"?? How?? You turn the control right and the kart goes right, you turn it left and you kart goes left.. what else do you want!? [​IMG]

Now, for AC.. the "natural" thing here would be to be add some more motion controlled mini games and give us a big and better online mode (not necessarily an MMO). That's what I'm expecting to see..

6. Defiance

Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Terminus
    This is good news for me, I just hope the don't ruin the game like they do wit other sequals.

7. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Well, we all know what to expect from the fishing, that's for sure. [​IMG]

Cool thing, though, with the AC world is that there are so many opportunities to implement fun motion-control activities, because no one really has any expectations for AC outside of the set sim-like gameplay.

8. Kamiyama

Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2007
    Finland
    Just seen trailer about it. Seems REALLY nice and voice chat is BIG plus!

9. CockroachMan

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    I wonder how deep will the interactions be.. only thing known is that you can go fishing with your friends.. would be nice if you could play NES games with them [​IMG]

10. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    Very nice, just a shame the town area looked EXACTLY the same as previous renditions. I just hope the new content is enough to keep it fresh. And the speaker microphone is a great idea. If it's USB, someone could even make a custom driver for the PC. Then I'd be very pleased.
    Anyway, yeah, great we finally see something from this game.

11. WB3000

WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    It is USB, from what I saw during E3. I bet it could be used in homebrew games as well.

12. CockroachMan

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    Some more info..

13. TinyTine

TinyTine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2007
    France
    Apart from this usb microphone thing, I don't see anything new in this game... Even the graphics are almost exactly the same as before.

The long quote of CockroachMan, saying "some more info..." : we can do EVERYTHING with the DS game, except real time chat and the Mii thing, but well, if it's the only new features, I won't put 50 bucks in this game. [​IMG]

14. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Yess!! I am so happy to hear this. I have literally been waiting for this game scene before the wii even came out. Its impossible to explain what Animal Crossing means to me because I had so many good times with this game growing up. This is the only reason I am keeping my Wii and I am glad to see it has been announced.

Woah Check this out. Sense when was the name announced and also some of the games content?