Animal Crossing UK Advert Makes Me LMFAO

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by redmanmark86, Apr 7, 2009.

Apr 7, 2009
  1. redmanmark86
    OP

Newcomer redmanmark86 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    No seriously it does...

If these two girls know each other, why dont they just meet up with each other and chill? Is Nintendo trying to promote children not to go out and play with each other?

also, who wants to share their conversation with the world on a telly in the main room all afternoon

three it looked like a beautiful day outside, if i was her mum i'd be telling her to go out with Katie n since their house made it appear as though their family is well off im sure her mum could give her some pocket money...

OK i know im nit picking, but seriously the whole advert just makes me laugh but then i think the game is a bore anyway... (though ive only ever tried the DS one)

2. klyick

Newcomer klyick Advanced Member

United States
    It's really not that bad, you know people do live far away from each other sometimes, this gives them a opportunity to socialize.

Also, television is spelled television, and mom is spelled mom.

3. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah, and colour is spelt coloUr, your point? We invented the language mate, we can say telly for television and mum for mom, as can anyone else for that matter. jeez......

4. hughjass

Member hughjass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Remember that the OP is British, therefore he spelt 'mum' correctly. Americans spell it differently, as they do for many other words, so they feel special.

What is the point in you attempting to correct him for a few words, anyway?

itz nt lyk e woz tlkn lyk this, his grammar was of a high enough standard for what he wrote to be perfectly intelligible, so drop it.

5. Lost My Mind

Newcomer Lost My Mind Member

United States
    This is why I think there should be "English" and "American". Sure, the languages are 97% the same, but there are several differences between the two. Same way I think people from the land down under should be refered to as speaking "Australian".

BTW: I want to make this clear. I KNOW THEY CURRENTLY ARE NOT KNOWN AS AMERICAN ENGLISH AND AUSTRAILIAN. I KNOW ITS ALL ENGLISH. Im just saying it SHOULD.

If an American hears someone from england say "yes", then he's not going to say he pronounced the word wrong. If he hears someone from mexico say "Si." he's not going to claim the person mispronounced the word. Its just a different language the word is being said in.

Now, if anyone from England were to say "Fag?", the American would be punching the Englishman in the face, as he's reaching for his lighter (and if you don't know what I mean by that, look it up) Then theres things Australians say in English, that leave me saying "...........uh, what?" but they aren't wrong for saying it. Cultural differences, thats all it is.