Animal Crossing save corrupted after emunand restore?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kirbs, May 27, 2015.

1. Kirbs
    OP

Kirbs GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    I accidentally downloaded the latest update on my emunand, so I decided the restore my emunand backup. I backed up my saves just in case too. But, when I finished injecting my emunand backup and loaded animal crossing, it says it cannot use save data because it was not the last data used. How could I fix this, if possible? :cry:

2. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    Open SDF and delete the secure value for the Animal Crossing save.

3. Kirbs
    OP

Kirbs GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    It still does not work. My save still gets corrupted.

4. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009

Odd, I had the same issue when restoring my save, and that fixed it for me.

5. senseiken

senseiken Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2015
    Italy
    Same problem here... I eventually did some emunand update/restore and now AC complaints that savedata aren't the last used.

Think I tried almost everything, even restore a NAND.BIN with Gateway downgrade function (Holding up) but no succeed :-(

6. conradcervantes

conradcervantes GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I'm having the same issue too. I started a save file on my o3DS to use some ARCodes with the intention of transferring it to my n3DS to play on once the save was to my satisfaction, but even after deleting the secure value and importing the save to the n3DS, it still gives me that error prompt. Am I doing it in the wrong order? I looked up similar threads on GBAtemp, and some people are saying I should delete the secure value first then import, but others say the opposite.

7. senseiken

senseiken Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2015
    Italy
    To be honest, I didn't tried with SDF yet. Is there a guide to follow about?

I think the problem has started when my son accidentally accepted an upgrade in Emunand MT card mode from 9.4 to 9.5 (not supported by MT a "MT9.5" appeared anyway in settings :wtf:).

Then, since I have a GW, I restored a NAND.BIN (Made in Jan 2015) but nothing to do.

EDIT: I succeed with SDF. Simply pressed R+X to delete secure value over 00864 folder. That's it :wtf: After relaunch my digital downloaded copy of ACNF my daughter can continues and my life still goes on ;-) Ps: it works just in Emunand, not Sysnand :-(

EDIT2: SOLVED. Seems that the "boot into sysnand" new feature in GW 3.2.1 is EXTREMELY useful ;-) In that way I launched SDF directly from Sysnand and not Emunand.

Last edited by senseiken, May 31, 2015