Animal Crossing problems in AK2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by chiseen, Jul 2, 2008.

Jul 2, 2008
  1. chiseen
    OP

Newcomer chiseen Member

United States
    OK, maybe it is just me, but I have some problems with Animal Crossing on the Acekard 2.

-Soft Reset does not work. It is enabled and it works with all other games.

-Cheats don't work. Period. On the R4 it does though. Yes, it is enabled and Im using the cheats.xml file from cheats.gbatemp.net

-When loading (waking up from the bed) or saving, the game becomes unstable and takes longer to do so. Heres a video of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjcZMKFIuZQ

All this on a 1 GB Japanese Kingston. The firmware im using is the lastest version of "bliss". I've also tried the official 4.07a14 but not the a15 version. I doubt it would bring any improvement. I posted about this problem in the official acekard forum and nobody has yet to reply back. So maybe you guys can help me with this?

Thanks.

2. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    on AnimalCrossing the cheats have never worked for me with ak2 or rpg....damn weeds

i havent experienced any problems with play, though.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    chiseen,

Mine's always been a little slow loading, saving, going in and out of buildings, etc. Mine's not much faster than your video, although I don't think my little "loading" indicator slows down as much as yours. Never tried cheats, but I can confirm that soft reset doesn't work. But the game seems to work fine otherwise.

-Bri

4. iann

Newcomer iann Member

Australia
    I've noticed that when playing Animal Crossing and you close the DS to pause/suspend the game, the green LED doesn't flash like it does with other games.

5. chiseen
    OP

Newcomer chiseen Member

United States
    iann,

Thats actually because Animal Crossing is a "real time" game with events based on the current date and time. So the DS can't fully suspend itself.

6. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    try the a15 loader its the obvious choice - it probably wont work better but its something you should have tried (a16 is out shortly)
    there is a beta on the forum that might help - supposed to help reading/saving operations if this is a factor.
    soft reset is a luxury imo but yeah i imagine its annoying
    i dont cheat theres no point

7. Bri

United States
    As jabjab suggested, make a backup of your save file and try out the beta. It should speed things up considerably, but probably won't affect the soft reset (which simply doesn't work on some games) or cheats.

In the case of Animal Crossing, soft resetting would cause you to lose everything you did since you started, so it's probably not advised anyway. In fact, the game knows if you shut it off before you've saved and sends Resetti the mole after you:

From A FAQ/Walkthrough for Animal Crossing: Wild World For the Nintendo DS By Brandon "LethalLink99" Wolfram:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

-Bri

8. Bri

United States
    I thought I'd revive this thread to see if anyone else has had problems storing their letters at the post office with Animal Crossing. I noticed that all of the letters I'd saved are now gone, and when I try to save more letters, they don't get saved. Everything else seems normal though. Has anyone else experienced that with the AK2?

-Bri

9. Lametta

Member Lametta GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Nope, to me letters in Animal Crossing are saved without problems. I have AK2 with latest k10 Bliss OS.

10. Bri

United States
    They were saved for me for a long time, then all of a sudden they're gone and no more will save. Even with Bliss k10. The strange thing is that everything else works fine. I just can't save letters.

-Bri

11. Nayuki-chan

Newcomer Nayuki-chan Newbie

Canada
    My letters don't seem to save either. Or I try to save them, and they are afterwards then gone forever *can't retrieve). [​IMG]

Cheats don't seem to work on my animal crossing either.

12. Bri

United States
    I have a suspicion that the problem has to do with the speed problems the AK2 has with the current firmware. I haven't tried it with the beta firmware to see if it helps at all.

Since saving letters is a different access of the microSD card, maybe it "times out" and doesn't end up saving them if the access is too slow.

The good news is that although I'm not able to save letters, the game itself saves fine (I've been playing it without saving letters for a long time). Saving takes a long time, just like in the video in the OP, but at least it does save.

You don't really have to save letters to play the game unless you have a habit of using your letters for extra item storage as some people do.

I haven't tried cheats with it.

-Bri

13. Bri

United States
    Quick update. It appears that the beta 4.08bt4 firmware fixes the problem with saving letters in Animal Crossing. I'm able to save letters with that firmware.

If you use the AIO menu, you can place the beta loader in the ak2loader folder and assign that loader to Animal Crossing and it will work with AIO.

-Bri