ROM Hack Question Animal Crossing - possible to transfer island to clean switch?

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, quick question:
My wife and I currently share a switch running CFW and share an island on ACNH. We've now purchased a new, clean switch which has never had any form of CFW on it before. Is it somehow possible to transfer our island on the hacked switch to her clean one so she can continue her progress from there?

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My wife and I currently share a switch running CFW and share an island on ACNH. We've now purchased a new, clean switch which has never had any form of CFW on it before. Is it somehow possible to transfer our island on the hacked switch to her clean one so she can continue her progress from there?
Nop, unless you backup your save online and ask nintendo to restore your island, and thats it if they want

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nop, unless you backup your save online and ask nintendo to restore your island, and thats it if they want
Hmmm nope, unfortunately the hacked switch is banned. In that case, I heard that some people can transfer saves from Emunand to their Sysnand and still go online with it on Nintendo's servers. Is this an option? Could I somehow hack the new switch, get the save onto its emunand and somehow transfer that save to the clean Sysnand which could go online?

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmmm nope, unfortunately the hacked switch is banned. In that case, I heard that some people can transfer saves from Emunand to their Sysnand and still go online with it on Nintendo's servers. Is this an option? Could I somehow hack the new switch, get the save onto its emunand and somehow transfer that save to the clean Sysnand which could go online?
Yeah, thats possible

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, thats possible
Alright, the next question is - do you know if I can even make an emunand on a new switch? My original switch is an unpatched switch so I haven't been following whether or not the newer models can be hacked.

It's one of those Animal Crossing limited edition switches.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if that type of Switch is hackable? I'm sorry for double posting but I do need to learn this fairly quickly as, if this is not possible, we may have to cancel the order on the switch.
Thank you

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone know if that type of Switch is hackable? I'm sorry for double posting but I do need to learn this fairly quickly as, if this is not possible, we may have to cancel the order on the switch.
Thank you
I think it can be hacked but it must be phisically modded i think

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, is that with the SXOS modchip? I thought they were gone...is that an option at this point, or is there another hardmod out there that can do this?
There should be 1, but i think the first version are better choices with the jigs

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There should be 1, but i think the first version are better choices with the jigs
Thanks for the information. I agree - an unpatched switch would be a better option however I don't know if I could find one, at least without some ridiculous inflation. I've searched for hardmod chips and all I can find is SXOS....but do they still perform activations for that? since their website is now gone...

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the information. I agree - an unpatched switch would be a better option however I don't know if I could find one, at least without some ridiculous inflation. I've searched for hardmod chips and all I can find is SXOS....but do they still perform activations for that? since their website is now gone...
It should be possible, but can say for sure, i saw some modded switch on ebay

yaykittykitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

what I do is I have one modded island on one switch and then use lab/local play to transfer all the goods (nmt or bells etc)
From my modded island to my legit island over lan/local play and it’s safe and effective and that’s the best you can hope for. It’s difficult to ban someone for visiting a modded island and then taking stuff to a legit island on an unmodded switch. That’s why have a modded switch and a switch lite (which is cheaper)

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what I do is I have one modded island on one switch and then use lab/local play to transfer all the goods (nmt or bells etc)
From my modded island to my legit island over lan/local play and it’s safe and effective and that’s the best you can hope for. It’s difficult to ban someone for visiting a modded island and then taking stuff to a legit island on an unmodded switch. That’s why have a modded switch and a switch lite (which is cheaper)
That makes sense, I suppose that is my only option. It'll be a time-consuming process since I'll have to drop everything, visit, grab the stuff, take it back and store, then repeat but, as you said, it's safe and effective. Thanks for the reply.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That makes sense, I suppose that is my only option. It'll be a time-consuming process since I'll have to drop everything, visit, grab the stuff, take it back and store, then repeat but, as you said, it's safe and effective. Thanks for the reply.
If you use codes, at least it can make it a little bit faster

LostVanadis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This should be possible now since the Transfer Tool was released by Nintendo.
I played the game for some time at release on my banned Switch, can I now transfer this Save to my new clean Switch to play online?
I've watched a video of the process and it doesn't seem like this tool needs any online functionality.
Would be great if someone could tell me, haven't ordered the game yet and I'm waiting for confirmation so that I don't have to redo everything.

Last edited by LostVanadis,

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This should be possible now since the Transfer Tool was released by Nintendo.
I played the game for some time on release on my banned Switch, can I now transfer this Save to my new clean Switch to play online?
I've watched a video of the process and it doesn't seem like this tool needs any online functionality.
Would be great if someone could tell me, haven't ordered the game yet and I'm waiting for confirmation so that I don't have to redo everything.
Yes, i heard someone transfered an island from a banned switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.