Hacking Animal Crossing on DSi XL - Unstable wireless

Crappage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a DSi XL with an Acekard 2i (purchased from MyGamingMart) running AKAIO 1.8.7. I use an 8gb Sandisk micro SD card. I've had no problems running any games, until I started playing Animal Crossing. The game runs fine offline, minus the occasional slowdowns when opening the inventory among other things (I believe that's a universal problem, yes?). The problem I have now is whenever I connect wirelessly with another DS (in this case, a DS Phat), the connection is highly unstable and will drop at any random time, either immediately or after 10 minutes. Sometimes it even freezes before I connect at all (opening the gate), so I don't think it matters what type of DS I connect to, and I don't have a second DSi to test with.

My sister has a DS Phat as well, and we can connect wirelessly with no problems at all if I use my DS Phat instead of my DSi XL. But I read that the DSi uses the same wireless hardware as the original DS, so why am I having this problem? Can anyone confirm this with their own hardware?

Additional info: My sister has an official copy of Animal Crossing and an AceKard 2.1, problem occurs with both when I connect to her DS Phat when she's using either one. I have not tested the official copy on my DSi XL.

Any help is appreciated.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you just:
go to ROM site > search for ROM > download > put on flashcart > play,
or did you
go to ROM site > search for ROM > download > apply fix/patch/hack/save-modification to the ROM > put on flashcart > play?

Did you modify your save with map-editors?

Crappage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh... ya know, you shouldn't ask a bunch of clarification questions when you have no idea what to suggest as help. It gives people a false sense of hope. Also, I'm not stupid enough to post a help thread for a modified rom. Some people are stupid though, I know, but it's pretty obvious I know what I'm doing from my topic post. I'll admit I forgot to mention that the games are all US 1.0, so a small mistake on my part.

Anyway, I got around to testing with the official copy on my DSi XL, and everything worked fine wirelessly (as expected). There has to be someone here courteous enough to test this on their own DSi (XL or not, I assume it happens on the regular one as well) just so I know it's not just me.

xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not going to help you directly, but I will make a few mentions here that my kids complain that their DSiXL does not work good with DS>DS play on Metroid, they have to have their friends host the game because no one gets a good connect to their DSiXL's when they try to host. I haven't tested with them to say for sure, I just heard them discussing it.

Crappage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. However, in my case, it doesn't matter which DS I host with. As I said, the only difference is that the DSi will sometimes freeze when opening the gate.

Should this be reported to either the Acekard or AKAIO team so they can verify it as a universal bug?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended