Animal Crossing : NL has more text than Bible or if you prefer, All the Harry Potter books Combined!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by DayVeeBoi, Jun 25, 2019.

?

Will you Buy Animal Crossing: New Horizons?

This poll will close on Mar 25, 2020 at 4:33 PM.
  1. Heck Yeah! (If it's ever actually released)

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Nah, I still haven't squeezed the last drop outta AC:NL

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. DayVeeBoi
    OP

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    DayVeeBoi is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    In a Reddit post entitled How Much Text is in Animal Crossing, and Why You Should Care, a Redditor (u/Balloon_Monsoon) has data-mined ACNL for dialogue and broken down exactly how much content is in the game. They figure that it would take 7 years of talking to 7 different characters everyday (seemingly impossible in my experience of the game) to see all the dialogue, and there is speculation that nobody has likely seen every bit of dialogue in the game, and maybe never will!

u/Balloon_Monsoon found that the script for AC:NL is about 1,092,240 words. That's 3,871 pages or 72.8 hours long if it were an audiobook! This is longer than all 7 Harry Potter books combined and totals 1,084,000 words. The King James version of The Bible is only 783,000 words!

From the Original Reddit Post:
    *If u/Balloon_Monsoon happens to be a Temper, Great Work! Thanks! I don't want to flood your thread with another appreciation post, I upvoted!

Last edited by DayVeeBoi, Jun 25, 2019
    JustANoob;) likes this.
  2. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Well, any game people don't generally pay attention on how much writing it have, and when you want to translate it to your language you be impressed like that xD

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  3. DayVeeBoi
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    I agree, most people don't pay a lot of attention to it. On the other hand, with fan translations and interest in UnDub's being more and more common I think that there's a lot more awareness about localization in general than even just a few years ago.

4. DayVeeBoi
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Wow, can't believe nobody at the Temp seems to have noticed or care about this. It had like 15,000 upvotes on the Switch subreddit when I saw it.

Deleted-481927 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted